Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thank you for sharing those.

Now that we're seeing videos of this thing, it is starting to look really good in motion. I don't know if they were just poor photographs or I'm getting sick, but these vehicles are really starting to look good to me.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
SouthPawXJ said:
Thank you for sharing those.

Now that we're seeing videos of this thing, it is starting to look really good in motion. I don't know if they were just poor photographs or I'm getting sick, but these vehicles are really starting to look good to me.
Agreed.

I started off hating it. Then I warmed up to the Trailhawk. Then I warmed up to the "regular" ones.

Now I just wish you could get HIDs on the Trailhawk, and I'd be set.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Agreed.

I started off hating it. Then I warmed up to the Trailhawk. Then I warmed up to the "regular" ones.

Now I just wish you could get HIDs on the Trailhawk, and I'd be set.
HID should be standard or at least optional on all trims.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
I've gotten to the point where I am not cringing when I look at it. I still don't much care for it still, and think it's the wrong direction for Jeep.
However, I think the general public has warmed to it. And can imagine it will sell decently, as it appears to be a good car.

I think a minor refresh in a couple short years to improve the face would likely help. Just because it's grown on people, doesn't mean it wouldn't look better with a less bizarre looking face, and thereby sell better.

But hey, not aiming to be a downer. It would be good for the co to have this in their supply line. The Jeep sales managed to run strong despite the absent Liberty, so this should bump it up pretty well. That does lead me to wonder - To the dealers: Do you feel that some of the would be Liberty buyers simply jumped to the other available Jeeps (Those who could afford the GC went to that, those who couldn't bought a Compass / Patriot). I could see their sales dipping back down a bit once this thing is in full swing. But hopefully it will mostly yank over would be Phord, Toyota, Honda, and GM customers. (After all, the last Gen CR-V didn't suffer for it's malformed face, eh?) Time will tell.

Reactions: GasAxe

·
3,813 Posts
bumonbox said:
But hey, not aiming to be a downer. It would be good for the co to have this in their supply line. The Jeep sales managed to run strong despite the absent Liberty, so this should bump it up pretty well. That does lead me to wonder - To the dealers: Do you feel that some of the would be Liberty buyers simply jumped to the other available Jeeps (Those who could afford the GC went to that, those who couldn't bought a Compass / Patriot). I could see their sales dipping back down a bit once this thing is in full swing. But hopefully it will mostly yank over would be Phord, Toyota, Honda, and GM customers. (After all, the last Gen CR-V didn't suffer for it's malformed face, eh?) Time will tell.
Sure some did, but more of them jumped to Honda/Toyota/Ford etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bumonbox said:
I've gotten to the point where I am not cringing when I look at it. I still don't much care for it still, and think it's the wrong direction for Jeep.
However, I think the general public has warmed to it. And can imagine it will sell decently, as it appears to be a good car.

I think a minor refresh in a couple short years to improve the face would likely help. Just because it's grown on people, doesn't mean it wouldn't look better with a less bizarre looking face, and thereby sell better.

I need to replace my Liberty, and have considered GC, but think it has become "bloated" and overly expensive, although very nice. I would not consider, Compass, Patriot, Honda, Toyota or any other "cute suv's" because they cannot meet my towing needs. This alone puts the new Cherokee in a class by itself in my book and I'm patiently waiting to see one in order to make a final decision to order one.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
JRS200x said:
Sure some did, but more of them jumped to Honda/Toyota/Ford etc.
It would be interesting to see where those 8,000 per month lost sales went to, but I'd be inclined to agree. Since most are not reallynJeep buyers but CUV buyers, they went to other makes...and that is the target of KL, to siphon off buyers of other CUV's.

After viewing the videos and following the You Tube links to the complete press event, I can say that the 2.4 with Multi-Air sounds like all of the Fiat Multi-Air motors with Multi-Air,...loud! It was noted by at least two of the journalist (can't wait to read what Larry thinks)
For a more pleasant NVH experience, buyers will want the 3.2. Only 1 mpg less and none of the buzz associated with Multi-Air, in a four cylinder.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
I wonder if this car would work for a diesel-hybrid drivetrain? o_O thoughts?

(random, but it was brought up because I see RangeRover is going to be doing something like this soon)

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
unclejjg said:
I like the vid where 2 drivers get stuck in the loose dirt and decide to floor the gas pedal.

"Are we stuck?"

"I think so, but just to be sure....."
A real :tsktsk: moment indeed.

Mike

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
MoparNorm said:
It would be interesting to see where those 8,000 per month lost sales went to, but I'd be inclined to agree. Since most are not reallynJeep buyers but CUV buyers, they went to other makes...and that is the target of KL, to siphon off buyers of other CUV's.
After viewing the videos and following the You Tube links to the complete press event, I can say that the 2.4 with Multi-Air sounds like all of the Fiat Multi-Air motors with Multi-Air,...loud! It was noted by at least two of the journalist (can't wait to read what Larry thinks)
For a more pleasant NVH experience, buyers will want the 3.2. Only 1 mpg less and none of the buzz associated with Multi-Air, in a four cylinder.
I agree, the V6 will be the best choice for power, refinement and that torquey feeling. In all truth the MA is loud-ish when you stand outside the car, but inside you can't really hear a thing. It gets loud if you rev it, but that's the case with most (all?) I4s.

On a side note; I've never done drugs in my life, but after listening to Mark Allen talking about how the hood is derived from a CJ and this and that, I really would like to try the stuff he's smoking !

Reactions: MoparNorm

·
Registered
212 Posts
RVC said:
I agree, the V6 will be the best choice for power, refinement and that torquey feeling. In all truth the MA is loud-ish when you stand outside the car, but inside you can't really hear a thing. It gets loud if you rev it, but that's the case with most (all?) I4s.

On a side note; I've never done drugs in my life, but after listening to Mark Allen talking about how the hood is derived from a CJ and this and that, I really would like to try the stuff he's smoking !
Haha I though the same thing about the CJ comments. It would be better to me if they stopped trying to tie it to past jeeps and just admitted it is what it is, a (seemingly) very nice CUV with some off road chops that they hope appeals to the mass market. Saying the hood is derived from the CJ sounds desperate, and a little offensive frankly.

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
Mike V. said:
A real :tsktsk: moment indeed.

Mike
lol, as i said people that think you can just hit the go-pedal and go anywhere. xD

·
Registered
452 Posts
unclejjg said:
I like the vid where 2 drivers get stuck in the loose dirt and decide to floor the gas pedal.

"Are we stuck?"

"I think so, but just to be sure....."
No, no...it goes like this:

"Are we stuck?"

"I think so...quick, before that Jeep guy comes down to help out, slam the gas! Let's see if we can take 6 years off his life expectancy from dust inhalation."

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
unclejjg said:
No, no...it goes like this:

"Are we stuck?"

"I think so...quick, before that Jeep guy comes down to help out, slam the gas! Let's see if we can take 6 years off his life expectancy from dust inhalation."
^ Pretty much my thought too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts