Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 77 volare that's been my daily driver for almost 2 years and over time the drivers side window (AC) had become harder to roll up. Well now the gears in the crank have sheard and am looking at the expansive and unhelpfull internet parts sites for help. Does anyone have advice on if i need to buy the whole window lifter kit or can i just find a crank assembly that I can install on it's own? I would rather drill out the 4 small rivets that connect the crank to the rest of the lifter if i could find the right part. I may just swap out the crank from one of the rear doors and if need be hold up that window with a stick.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
I had a similar problem with a 74 Barracuda. What I ended up doing was finding another regulator and simply cutting and welding the arm to the new regulator, which gave me the proper throw for the arm and a new crank. Just match the attachment and the bolt holes up, the rest was simple measuring and welding.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
21,362 Posts
The 4 door F & M body used the same manual window regulator part # 3882275 (drivers side) from 1976-1989.
Lube up the sliders, etc. so that the window rolls up and down easily. The regulator is only serviced as an assembly.
How expensive is too expensive? Many yards around here will tell you that you have to buy the whole door.
I see them available on the internet.

http://www.rammoparparts.com/oem-part/chrysler/fifth-avenue/1988/base/5-2l-v8-gas/body-hardware/front-door/window-regulator/3882275

Arizona Parts shows one for $50 if it is still available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the crank gear is what's torn up. haven't found a part on this car that's too expensive but the research can be ponderous. I'll call arizona parts monday, thanks and if you know anyone at the genny plant tell them they need to load up trucks full of cream ale and haul [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] to florida. we are starved for delicious cream ale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts