Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds to me like Maserati is taking aim at Alfa with a Grecale that starts under $50k.
Right. If Maserati starts at $50K then Giulia/Stelvio is the top of the Alfa range and it needs its cheaper FWD cars back or it will die.

If Chrysler and Dodge are restored with compact and midsize cars and SUVs then there isn't room in the US for Alfa.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If Chrysler and Dodge are restored with compact and midsize cars and SUVs then there isn't room in the US for Alfa.
You're definitely out of your expertise if you think AR and any US brand (including GM and Ford) have that much crossover.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds to me like Maserati is taking aim at Alfa with a Grecale that starts under $50k.
The $50K is the introductory starting price, the "ad" car. I bet they keep a $10K to $25K difference between somewhat similar Grecales and Stelvios. That being said, they are going to make cheaper Alfa Romeos. We know about the Tonale and there is one coming smaller than that. Wonder where Lancia, DS and Stellantis North America fit into all this?

·
Registered
113 Posts
May... start below 50.000. I doubt that. I've read that the powertrain available from the introduction, is gonna be the one from Ghibli Hybrid. That's not cheap.

·
Registered
862 Posts
May... start below 50.000. I doubt that. I've read that the powertrain available from the introduction, is gonna be the one from Ghibli Hybrid. That's not cheap.
If they don't undercut the Porsche significantly people in the US will just buy the Porsche.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Once they get done putting them both on PSA platforms and Giorgio they will.
That's of no relevance to the history of the two units.

Reactions: ScramFan

·
Administrator
35,774 Posts
If they don't undercut the Porsche significantly people in the US will just buy the Porsche.
I don't believe that to be true for Maserati. I do believe it to be true for Alfa Romeo.

·
Administrator
35,774 Posts
You're definitely out of your expertise if you think AR and any US brand (including GM and Ford) have that much crossover.
Being snotty, are we? Asking for warnings, perhaps?

Tell me now how the CTS-V and Alfa Romeo Giulia are so un-comparable.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Being snotty, are we? Asking for warnings, perhaps?

Tell me now how the CTS-V and Alfa Romeo Giulia are so un-comparable.
Snotty perhaps, but I stand by what I said. One or two cars being sporty does not make a brand sporty. Caddy is not a sports car brand. Mustang is one car. Dodge and "handling" is a rather recent thing, and name one Dodge that's not Viper that's set any N-ring records. I didn't say they had NO crossover.

·
Administrator
35,774 Posts
Snotty perhaps, but I stand by what I said. One or two cars being sporty does not make a brand sporty. Caddy is not a sports car brand. Mustang is one car. Dodge and "handling" is a rather recent thing, and name one Dodge that's not Viper that's set any N-ring records. I didn't say they had NO crossover.
No, you're changing definitions as you go to make your point work. Doesn't work that way. I'm not going to engage in that kind of "win regardless of your argument's merit" argument.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts