Allpar Forums banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
1,318 Posts
Interesting, 300 and Charger go to different body codes for 2021...

And (current) Durango goes out with a bang...but does it continue?

And the Wagoneer shows up relatively soon...

And the Wrangler truck a year after the JL intro may give clues to where it will be produced...

Lots of info to speculate on. Can't wait to see what the next few years will give us.

·
Premium Member
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
... And (current) Durango goes out with a bang...but does it continue?
Maybe, and possibly under a new name, new platform. Model year 2019.

LX may or may not continue after 2018 model year, still under review.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Please please please Dodge, for the love of all that's good and righteous, don't kill the Durango name!!

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,163 Posts
I am very surprised about that, honestly. They have a very good thing going with the Challenger now. I realize they are planning to throttle back the Hemi but assumed the Hellcat would stay in the Challenger until they have the 2021s.

Be a shame to change the name since Durango’s gotten good recognition. Of course I don’t know the selling prices, discounting, profits.

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts

So Durango is moving to Brampton, based on the L platform (like the Levante)?

·
2,644 Posts
I am very surprised about that, honestly. They have a very good thing going with the Challenger now. I realize they are planning to throttle back the Hemi but assumed the Hellcat would stay in the Challenger until they have the 2021s.
I suspect that the 300 model is being referenced, not the entire platform.

·
2,644 Posts
RA is the (shelved) crossover AFAIK.

RE and RF are the questions. One of them is, I strongly suspect, the FWD car (RE probably) while the other could be the Chrysler branded Journey replacement (RF).

One fun thing about the current plan is I can see a time when you have mostly Jeep, Chrysler, and Dodge factories rather than Jeep/Dodge and Dodge/Chrysler factories.
Could RF also be the FWD 300 but specced out for Chinese production?

Reactions: Prabhjot

·
2,644 Posts

Is the Dodge D-CUV still planned for the 2018 model year?

·
2,644 Posts
Durango will continue, at least into the 2018 model year.
Thanks! But I was actually asking about the Journey replacement...

·
Registered
13,674 Posts
Thanks! But I was actually asking about the Journey replacement...
There are two Journey replacements.

One is an Alfa vehicle, built in Italy, that will go to Dodge as a high performance CUV.
The other is supposedly a CUSW-based CUV for Chrysler that will actually replace the Journey as the minivan alternative

·
2,644 Posts
There are two Journey replacements.

One is an Alfa vehicle, built in Italy, that will go to Dodge as a high performance CUV.
The other is supposedly a CUSW-based CUV for Chrysler that will actually replace the Journey as the minivan alternative
Correct. I was referring to the Dodge.

·
Super Moderator
37,836 Posts
What about the E-Class ('83-'87)? Some models with that chassis are listed as "AM", but did they share same underpinnings with the M body?
The E Class was a FWD car, an extended K car. The AM (or just M) bodies were RWD cars, derived form the F body Aspen and Volare. The confusion probably comes because of the switch of the New Yorker from the M body in 1982 to both the E and M bodies in 1983 to just the E body in 1984. Caravelle is also another confusing one, a RWD M body in Canada but a FWD E body in the US (I don't know if the years overlapped).

Reactions: Mopartial

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

RE = Fiat Talento (2016)

RE stays for Renault. The new Fiat Talento is identical with the Renault Trafic, also the Nissan NV300 and the Opel Vivaro. The Vans are build in France.

Greetings from Germany :)

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
@oh2o
Just noticed there's a JT and JP Wrangler Pickup...different codes for different regions or something else?
I was about to comment this, and was skimming through to ensure I didn't comment something someone already said.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
@oh2o

What is a MA? Stelvio or something else?

We in Europe or in Fiat style are using 3 digit body codes. Now are 3xx for Fiat, 5xx for Jeep, 8xx was for Lancia and 9xx is for Alfa Romeo.
Just a quick one, 356, 357, 358 are all for Fiat Tipo. 952 and 949 are two new Alfas. 520 is a Renegade and Compass is a 551.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts