Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving today in Gulfport, I glanced over to a gas station, and there sat a red 1990 Daytona!

These are NEVER seen in my area, so I whipped in there and waited a minute for the owner to come out of the store. He is the second owner, and has had the car since 1995. 3.0L car, 5 speed with sunroof. Straight, rust-free body, heavy wear to interior, and a bad dashpad. Sunroof is gone, due to last hurricane, and the owner has cardboard and tape over the opening.

He says he may sell the car pretty soon, and we exchanged information. I cannot believe I haven't seen it before. He commented that he had seen my car before in the area in passing.

If/when I get it, it will need: sunroof, headliner, seat work, dashpad issue, timing belt replacement as a preventative, etc. Owner says he doesn't think the timing belt has ever been changed.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Not sure on this, but I think in '90 you couldn't get a factory sunroof, so that would mean the one in there is aftermarket, which could prove a PIA to find new glass for. I guess you could have the whole thing pulled out and install whatever is currently on the aftermarket that will fit.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
The sunroof is listed as a $409 option in the Standard Catalog of Chrysler for the 1990 Daytona. That doesn't confirm for sure that it was offered, but it may have been.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm...thanks for the info. I certainly hope it was factory. Makes me remember a white Daytona in a local JY a couple of years back with a sunroof. As a matter of fact, this car was a 1990, I think. I was able to get the the original window sticker from it. I have it out in the shop. need to find it and check.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hmmmm.... I was just in Gulfport yesterday, Russ, and I didn't see a red 1990 Daytona :excited:

I hope that deal comes thru for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts