Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1986 LeBaron convertible, 2.2L T2 with A413. 1989 J convertible dash and console modified to fit.
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my SBEC to a friend to have it socketed so I can install a Boost Button flash module in it. He has it done, but can't get it to flash the module. He has sent it on to the guru on these who is not having much luck either.

I need a 2.5L Turbo automatic SBEC most likely from a car as I am not sure the minivan has the lockup converter capability. It needs to be flashable so I can load a proper tune for my 2.2L Turbo II for my 1986 LeBaron convertible.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
A guy over at T-D is trying to help another find one.

He mentions having some that may or not be any good to you.

I only mention it as SBEC's are hard to find but I don't know anything about them.

Good luck !!

Thanks
Randy

Reactions: DC-93

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,683 Posts
I remember that PCM and TCM modules became flashable for the 1994 model year. Before that, we had to replace the module assembly.
I use a pdf of an old (2002) Mopar reman catalog for cross-reference, application and OE/Reman part numbers. I then Google that Mopar # to see what is out there.
The latest and greatest part # is listed in the catalog, so you are getting all the software improvements. I seen some 2.5L turbos in AA cars, but they were far more prevalent in the minivans.
The catalog lists 2.5L turbo PCMs for the 1990 model year, nothing newer. I don't know if the PROM can be hacked onto a newer SBEC circuit board?

·
Registered
1986 LeBaron convertible, 2.2L T2 with A413. 1989 J convertible dash and console modified to fit.
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IC, the problem comes with the steering column changes in 1992. The cruise switches were moved to the steering wheel and the on-off is a momentary contact (if I remember correctly from my 1993 Grand Caravan) rather than the on-off slide switch on the turn signal stalk. If it is still a positive action switch then my older column switch should work it.

The Boost Button module is a 32 pin circuit board with 3 surface mount chips, once installed (4 extra holes have to be carefully drilled with a #63 bit then properly soldered) allows the SBEC to be reflashed using an FTDI cable to the underhood diagnostic connector.

Reactions: ImperialCrown
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.