Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday my '92 5.2L died on the way to the cottage. The cottage is remote and there is only one town in the area. Well, we use a tow strap and my buddy towed me there with his Dodge Caravan. The mechanic did a quick diagnosis and figured out something happened to the spark and promised to have it running by Monday.

He figured out that the coil and crank sensor died so he ordered the parts but got the wrong coil... so this is what he did.

I think it's awesome. It got me home but I won't be able to leave it like that for winter.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I'd like it better if he'd used eye-type terminal connectors on those wires instead of alligator clips, but if it got you home then that's better than nothing I suppose...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TWX said:
I'd like it better if he'd used eye-type terminal connectors on those wires instead of alligator clips, but if it got you home then that's better than nothing I suppose...
I guess he used what he had on hand once he realized the auto parts store sent him the wrong coil. I did secure everything with electrical tape before hitting the gravel road !!

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
There's no substitute for mans ingenuity!

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
eh, ingenuity would have been a coathanger and duct tape as insulation...

not... that I've ever done that... or anything...

Reactions: SouthPawXJ
1 - 6 of 6 Posts