Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a letter from Ram stating they will cover all cost to install a lights in both the glovebox and under the hood on my truck....Anyone else get anything like that??? mine is an 2011 Ram 1500 Sport.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is recall M07.

2011 (DS) Ram Truck Sport (1500 series)
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles with body model DS1S98, DS6S98, DS6S41 or DS6S61 and equipped with Luxury Package (sales code ADA).
The underhood lamp and glove box lamp on about 13,800 of the above vehicles were not installed during assembly of the vehicle.

An underhood lamp and glove box lamp must be installed on all involved vehicles.

Steven

·
Super Moderator
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you call it a recall or not though...the letter I got reads

Customer Satisfaction notification M07
Underhood & Glove box lamp

Dear Mike ******,

At Chrysler Group LLC, you can be assured that we are changing the way we look at quality. to prove our commitment to quality, the company is investing in and prioritizing improvements for every vehicle that we build. As part of the commitment, we are also targeting existing vehicles on the road today and contacting our customers to provide these quality improvements, at no charger, that will help to improve your ownership satisfaction.

Than the whats to dos....

To me that isn't a recall, its installing something that I didn't even know it was supposed to have in the first place and of which they didn't have to do.....it doesn't effect safety of the vehicle either.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I used the term recall because everything from start to finish we use the recall part of our system. Just because you didn't know you were supposed to have it doesn't relieve Chrysler of their responsibility. If you think like a lawyer you can find safety in anything. Checking oil at night and you get burned or cut because you couldn't see.

Now you got me thinking, I am going to see if I can find what Chrysler considers the difference between the two. I wonder if it more for public relations?

Steven

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
There have been 'Customer Satisfaction' recalls as opposed to 'Safety/Emissions' recalls. Either way it is a campaign that should be caught at service write-up when a vehicle VIP summary is printed out and possibly a letter in the mail if you are the original owner or Chrysler is aware that you now have the vehicle if you bought it used.
I suppose that if the option shortage were caught earlier and most of the trucks were still in shipping or the new vehicle lot, it would have been an RRT (rapid response transmittal) to repair the vehicles before sale.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
It could be something more basic, like they charged for something that they failed to provide, so they are exposed to liability until they correct it.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
The M07 designation is the same format that they use for recalls. The first letter is for year and the following number is for sequence.

·
Super Moderator
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah ok, this is making more sense now...thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts