Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been put on a project which I am enjoying very much. We are rebuilding a nv 3550 5 speed transmission out of a 200 Jeep Wrangler. We have ran into a problem. I cannot find one of the blocker rings that is missing. I've heard of it as "the mystery piece" and finally found out what it is called. It is a interim ring. The dealership up town said the part number for it was 4874363. I cannot find it anywhere. No parts stores or websites are showing up with it and the kit we bought for thr transmission does not have it. The only place we could find it was at the dealership, but we do not want to spend a crazy amount on it. Does anyone know where I could find this part for cheaper??? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
This transmission was largely unchanged from 1997-2006. I see that piece going for ~$80 as it comes as part of the synchronizer blocker assembly. It is also on backorder showing -47 nationally.
You may be able find a used or junk trans somewhere or just add the new part to the bill. Unfortunately you will need this ring before it goes back together.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
You might also try Advanced Adapters. They sell these transmissions and may also sell replacement parts.
Don't expect to get by cheap, these transmissions sell for $2600 new. If you have to spend $80, that's the price of admission.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying. We ended up just buying the piece from the dealership. We looked for a day or two after this post and couldn't find anything. We got the transmission together now. It's a great feeling!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the follow up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts