Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably asking an obvious question and missing the answer right in front of my face, but what is Allpar's mobile app for browsing the forum?

I searched the app store for "Allpar" and got nothing, tried Tapatalk to see if it would bring up the site, and that didn't work either. I've gotten used to checking my other forums from my iPhone and would like to do the same here.

Thanks!

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
There is, at this time, no "Allpar" app. There was one in testing for Android at one point - but that one some time ago.

I do not believe Tapatalk is supported on Allpar at this time.

By default, when visiting the forums on a low-res device, like a phone, the forum software should appear using the "Mobile" skin. One can switch to the "full" site from there if they desire. This is how it works on my phone with a 320x480 resolution. On an iPad or Galaxy Tab, the full site displays.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a shot! Thanks.

·
Administrator
35,285 Posts
Jim nailed it. We did try a mobile app, it didn't really do very much and required too many permissions. Tapatalk ended up with just one user and was intrusive for everyone else. Meanwhile IPB has a pretty decent mobile version so we're just using that. It will be improved with version 4, coming soon.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Yeah, most of the mobile functions work fine for me. It's a little lighter-duty than the full web client but good enough for a screen that small, at least to me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts