Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Plymouth Makes It
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find 2013 info. Anybody know what happened? Any MOPAR shows anywhere?

Moderators, this can be moved if necessary.
 

·
Plymouth Makes It
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I saw that but MOPAR named shows are hard to find. Mopar Summer Nationals are now Brand x import name Nationals at Raceway park in New Jersey.The MOPAR swap meet is also gone. Wonder about the rest of the country. I'm really starting to lose the team spirit.
 

·
Plymouth Makes It
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MOPAR Summer Nationals was a big event, been like that since about 1990, I think. would seem more like funding, Maybe MOPAR is being faded into the background. Allowing someone to use the name is free advertising. The "Toyota Summer Nationals" makes me want to choke, that's it will be covered on TV.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
31,989 Posts
I guess I'm missing the point. You have NO interest in an All-Chrysler show if the name does not include the word MoPar instead of Chrysler? :huh:
 

·
Plymouth Makes It
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am trying to find out if this is nation wide.? Its not that, Chrysler show is unwelcome but It looks like Toyota may have replaced MOPAR in the Largest National drag racing events, Also the MOPAR parts show that usually accompanied the event has disappeared around here. That show covered the entire park several days, and could take an enthusiast 2 days to cover. Vendors came from all over to sell dress up, restoration and nonperformance parts. It appears that the only event that on that scale is 180 miles from New York / New Jersey. meaning a good part of enthusiasts budget now goes to fuel, tolls and lodging, For me that represents all I spent at the local event also also less time will be spent there. It use to take over an hour to to travel 5 miles from my house to the park.

It would seem its not affecting others here but being a MOPAR hobbyist has always difficult, now its next to impossible. Not happening in the Chevy camp and now it includes Toyota.

The term MOPAR or no car is beginning to fade in my vocabulary and maybe my life. Wondering how it affects others.

Surely there are Less MOPAR Chrysler enthusiasts. Guess everyone is an appliance operator.
 

·
Vaguely badass...
Joined
·
43,887 Posts
The show in Carlisle has NEVER used the term MOPAR in the name. Ever.

It's been called "Chryslers at Carlisle" and "All-Chrysler Nationals".

Worth noting that while there is an "Import/Kit-Car Show" at Carlisle, there isn't a "Toyota Nationals" car show anywhere that I've seen.

Plenty of MOPAR shows still all over the place. Moparpalooza, the Mopar Nationals in Ohio, Mo-Power Madness, Mopars in the Park, Mopars on the Mississippi...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
35,284 Posts
The official name has always been All-Chrysler Nationals.

Are you talking about Englishtown? The Mopar show there was never a two day affair, at least not in my rather long memory. It was, though, much better 20 years ago. Last time I went, around ten years back, it was pretty sad but still going. I regret that I always forget to go, and their site doesn't make it easy to find.

There are a lot of new Mopar shows. I think part of the problem is that New Jersey has become import territory, between demographic shifts and, well, imports becoming acceptable and indeed seen as the only acceptable options.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
JerseyJoe, the NHRA super nationals in E-town haven't been sponsored by Mopar for a long long time, if at all. IIRC, the 2012 Super Nationals was the first year for Toyota to pick it up the title sponsorship.

In 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 there was no title sponsor for the NHRA Super Nationals in E-town.

I'm not really sure what you are concerned with. The "Mopars at E-Town Nationals" is still happens every year in August and it is still a two day affair (24-25th). It's been going strong for something like 27 years.

If you go to Raceway Park's website there is a banner for the event. I have never lived in Jersey, but I know that track well. I broke my ACR Neon there one night many many years ago ;-)

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,450 Posts
Mike V. said:
JerseyJoe, the NHRA super nationals in E-town haven't been sponsored by Mopar for a long long time, if at all. IIRC, the 2012 Super Nationals was the first year for Toyota to pick it up the title sponsorship.

In 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 there was no title sponsor for the NHRA Super Nationals in E-town.

I'm not really sure what you are concerned with. The "Mopars at E-Town Nationals" is still happens every year in August and it is still a two day affair (24-25th). It's been going strong for something like 27 years.

If you go to Raceway Park's website there is a banner for the event. I have never lived in Jersey, but I know that track well. I broke my ACR Neon there one night many many years ago ;-)

Mike
They just moved the E-town Mopar show from Memorial day weekend (late May) to August last year in an attempt to refocus and drive greater attendance. It's been dying for quite some time (since circa 2002 or so). It's still a show with great potential but because of the move to August I was not able to attend. Does anyone know how it did this past year?

DaveAdmin said:
The official name has always been All-Chrysler Nationals.

Are you talking about Englishtown? The Mopar show there was never a two day affair, at least not in my rather long memory. It was, though, much better 20 years ago. Last time I went, around ten years back, it was pretty sad but still going. I regret that I always forget to go, and their site doesn't make it easy to find.

There are a lot of new Mopar shows. I think part of the problem is that New Jersey has become import territory, between demographic shifts and, well, imports becoming acceptable and indeed seen as the only acceptable options.
The E-town show (Old Bridge Township) was "always" Saturday and Sunday - Race and show/swap. When it started to die, it was more show on Saturday, more race on Sunday - depending heavily on the weather.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Charger Red said:
They just moved the E-town Mopar show from Memorial day weekend (late May) to August last year in an attempt to refocus and drive greater attendance. It's been dying for quite some time (since circa 2002 or so). It's still a show with great potential but because of the move to August I was not able to attend. Does anyone know how it did this past year?


The E-town show (Old Bridge Township) was "always" Saturday and Sunday - Race and show/swap. When it started to die, it was more show on Saturday, more race on Sunday - depending heavily on the weather.
Either way, it never stopped... Many shows and races are hurting for attendance across the country.

Mike
 

·
Plymouth Makes It
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basically you guys answered my question, The rest of the country has Mopar Nationals. E Town-Raceway park ain't what it used to be and getting more diverse with motor cross etc But I remember the MOPAR Parts Summer nationals and MOPAR swap meets to overlap. Guess it will never be 1991 again. Now some weekends there isn't any drag racing. That Toyota thing whacked me out. Sorry.. Well guess I can settle for MOPARS at E-town. By this way this weekend is the Big 3 shootout hope my kid understands me being late for his wedding!!
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
Basically you guys answered my question, The rest of the country has Mopar Nationals. E Town-Raceway park ain't what it used to be and getting more diverse with motor cross etc But I remember the MOPAR Parts Summer nationals and MOPAR swap meets to overlap. Guess it will never be 1991 again. Now some weekends there isn't any drag racing. That Toyota thing whacked me out. Sorry.. Well guess I can settle for MOPARS at E-town. By this way this weekend is the Big 3 shootout hope my kid understands me being late for his wedding!!
No biggie, glad we got you squared away.

Mike
 

·
Plymouth Makes It
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the last time I attended any races was 2000, work kept me tied up, now it seems that the more into retirement I get the less time I have. :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top