Allpar Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Another music video is they had a green 71-74 Charger (not sure on the year) in the Music video for 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins. Saw this awhile and didn't think about it until today when the song came on as I was cleaning up my GTX, getting it ready for the engine and dash (which hopefully, will both be in by the end of April).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey .... last week's (10/4/2013) episdoe of "Blue Bloods" featured the main characters in a "plain clothes" DODGE CHARGER - not sure if it was a real pursiut version but it looked really good!! Had some kind of 'stuff' on the dash, the head rests were removed (so that the guy in the back seat could be part of the action), I think I saw some small sqaure lights behind the front grill.

Bill....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
"The Sheriff of Cochese'" drove a 57-58 Plymouth wagon. "Mannix", a Dart conv, then a Challenger or Barracuda.
I never quite got the point of the "Mod Squad" when they had that full size wagon. Didn't seem to fit at all.

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
Not sure if it counts, but it was mentioned to me on a Dart forum that the Dart and other Dodge vehicles are used in the YouTube series "Video Game High School (VGHS)"

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on this but i thought I saw a CSRT (DWB) on the flatbed drive by in the background of the Transformers:Dark of the Moon. The scene is when Special Agent "whatshisname" is in Egypt at The Tip of the Dagger relaying the coordinates to drop Big Boy. One of you aficionados out there will go back and check this out and will tell me if I'm wrong...that's okay, I'm married...I'm wrong all the time, LOL!!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
moparbob said:
Anyone remeber the old TV Series Emergency?

That had a Doge Truck as a Ambulance & Rescue vechicle - Squad 51!
I bought an engine from the guy that owns it now, interesting truck.

·
Super Moderator
32,832 Posts
??

"In 1999 the title was transferred, and Squad 51 was then donated to the County of Los Angeles Fire Museum in Bellflower, California. In the same year it was thoroughly and completely restored by the museum, at a cost of approximately $10,000. Squad 51 is now residing with its co-star in Emergency!, Engine 51, which is undergoing restoration."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not ......... but my favorite Chrysler on TV was the nicely supped up Plymouth Satellite on the 70's era cop show - Chase!!!

I still remember the pilot episode ...... they created a special undercover squad of off-beats and one of the firs things the the squad leader did was swipe the Chief's nice new car and modify for the street - nice big air scoup on the hood, cool mag wheels all around, raised rear end / lowerred front end. I can't remember but pretty sure they messed with the engine and other performance type stuff.
AWESOME!!!

Thanks, Bill....

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
they used Stratuses first, then they moved to Intrepids, then they moved to the First Gen Chargers (Probably after the Intrepids were in the shop one too many times due to the 2.7s), and now they Upgraded to the Second Gen (EPIC WIN!) Chargers! the LA version has that beautiful SRT8 Chally, as well as a Cadillac SRX, an Aston Martin Rapide, a few Jaguars, and they sometimes have pieces of German Junk on there!
Last night's NCIS LA had the guys in the SRT Challenger going after a Lambo on a road course. Well yeah....they caught it and stopped it. Callen said "Great driving"....with the response...."Hey...it's American iron !!".
Pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
unverferth said:
Last night's NCIS LA had the guys in the SRT Challenger going after a Lambo on a road course. Well yeah....they caught it and stopped it. Callen said "Great driving"....with the response...."Hey...it's American iron !!".
Pretty cool stuff.
My favorite part of last night's NCIS: LA was the opening sequence with a LA Police Cruiser (played by a "Pursuit"? Charger) chasing a Ferrarie that tricked the cruiser (by hiding) AND THEN BLEW UP !!!!! YA!!!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
browens1534 said:
2008 Dodge Challenger features in one of the first episodes of "The Walking Dead" to lure the "Walkers" away from the group going into Atlanta for supplies. Drove the car around the building engine roaring and music blaring.
They also have Rams and Jeeps and season 4 has a Charger that gets stuck one the walkers. I wish Chrysler would have been a main Sponcer instead oF Hundai.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yeah, this subject has been done to death over the past 20 years.....

And how come nobody has mentioned Nash Bridges fake Hemi Cudas yet??

How bout a more challenging (pun intended) question.....how many Songs mention Mopars??

I'll Start...Harry Chapin "Taxi"...found love in the back of a Dodge...

B52s...."Love shack"....Chrysler as big as a Whale......

B52s....."Planet Claire"....She drove a Plymouth Satellite.......

Steve Earle..."Copperhead Road"...Now Daddy ran whiskey in a big black Dodge......

Yeah...I'm a oldie...but a goodie.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dave said:
Dave,

The listed 'TV' link does not work for me ....... but 'tv' does.

When the link worked .... cool - that's what I was looking for but didn't show up when I searched "Forums" (of course!!!).
Like the early references to the other pages!!

I don't see a way to get the list updaed - NCIS: LA and Chase (1973).

Bill....

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Yeah, this subject has been done to death over the past 20 years.....

And how come nobody has mentioned Nash Bridges fake Hemi Cudas yet??

How bout a more challenging (pun intended) question.....how many Songs mention Mopars??

I'll Start...Harry Chapin "Taxi"...found love in the back of a Dodge...

B52s...."Love shack"....Chrysler as big as a Whale......

B52s....."Planet Claire"....She drove a Plymouth Satellite.......

Steve Earle..."Copperhead Road"...Now Daddy ran whiskey in a big black Dodge......

Yeah...I'm a oldie...but a goodie.....
"Little 'Ole Lady From Pasadena"..."bright red shiny new superstock Dodge"

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles used several Jeeps. I believe a JK Wrangler Unlimited, Commander, and I think Libertys and an old Wagoneer.
The movie Sahara had a Wrangler LJ too.
The 80's movie Space Camp had a black CJ-7 in it

41 - 60 of 72 Posts