Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lZWX25RuuE

MoPar filters are made by Wix and Purolator to Chrysler specifications.
(for things like water retention.)

Well made, plenty of media, anti drain back, bypass valve, etc.....

Why chance your engine to lesser filters? :eek:

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably not that many pages about guys that blew their engines because of an inferior product.
Who would brag about that? lol...

Last time I bought MoPar filters, they were in the 6 buck range. I shop around and buy a dozen or so at a time.

·
Registered
1986 LeBaron convertible, 2.2L T2 with A413. 1989 J convertible dash and console modified to fit.
1,282 Posts
At the risk of annoying people, first, there is no Chrysler dealer closer than a minimum of a 1 hour drive to me. Walmart usually carries them, but their lovely electronic catalog does not go back far enough on the MOPAR filters, it only shows Fram for my application. I have the long MOPAR PN, but not the short MOxxx number. When in doubt, I have and will continue if needed used (since I had the clearance) a Motorcraft FL1A on my engine. If you go looking at a number of the filter tests that have been run, all that I have seen use that size as it is a very common one and fits many of the older Chrysler vehicles.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At the risk of annoying people, first, there is no Chrysler dealer closer than a minimum of a 1 hour drive to me. Walmart usually carries them, but their lovely electronic catalog does not go back far enough on the MOPAR filters, it only shows Fram for my application. I have the long MOPAR PN, but not the short MOxxx number. When in doubt, I have and will continue if needed used (since I had the clearance) a Motorcraft FL1A on my engine. If you go looking at a number of the filter tests that have been run, all that I have seen use that size as it is a very common one and fits many of the older Chrysler vehicles.
You can find MoPar filters on ebay and other sites.
Delivered right to your house...
Some free ship, too. And, no sales tax.

·
Registered
1986 LeBaron convertible, 2.2L T2 with A413. 1989 J convertible dash and console modified to fit.
1,282 Posts
I need to find the cross reference from the long PN to the sales PN, the MOxxx number, because I still need to be able to take the long PN and convert it so I can look for them.

Reactions: DC-93

·
Banned
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, 2017 Jeep Wrangler
1,226 Posts
I've used Purolator filters on both of the older Jeeps and on our '98 Subaru over the 18 years we had it. On the '17 Wrangler, I use Mopar filters in the cartridge filter because of the warrantee.

·
Super Moderator
33,730 Posts
I've used Purolator filters on both of the older Jeeps and on our '98 Subaru over the 18 years we had it. On the '17 Wrangler, I use Mopar filters in the cartridge filter because of the warrantee.
They can't void your warranty for using aftermarket parts.
Law requires that if they require their own brand, they have to provide it for free.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
At one time a friend started using the Purolator Pure One on his Neon. Then he started having problems with the catalytic filter and the O2 sensors. So he switched to a different oil filter without the silicon gasket. Something about the silicon reacting with the oil and causing possible problems with the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Odd, since the OEM MoPar filters use a silicon anti drain back valve, and gasket... !!!

I use MoPar filters for peace of mind, for cars in warranty or not. As stated above, they are made by Wix or Purolator, but to higher specs.

·
Super Moderator
33,730 Posts
At one time a friend started using the Purolator Pure One on his Neon. Then he started having problems with the catalytic filter and the O2 sensors. So he switched to a different oil filter without the silicon gasket. Something about the silicon reacting with the oil and causing possible problems with the O2 sensors.
There is no interaction between the oil and the O2 sensors in a healthy engine.

Reactions: djsamuel and Doug D

·
Got parts?
2,610 Posts
Retail brands often change manufacturers, so it's best to use the most recent comparison possible. The Mopar filter review was posted last year, so it's probably up to date. Here's one from earlier this month:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTNJLEV8CG8

According to it, Napa Gold is the equivalent of Wix, and Bosch is similar to Purolater.

One from earlier this year shows that the Supertech (WalMart) brand appears to be made by Wix:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_4oN54qlU

I've been using the cheaper Napa ProSelect filters for some time, which also seems to be made by Wix. It looks like the Supertech filter is of similar quality.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good reasons why I choose to use Mopar filters.
Pay a little more, but you are getting a quality product, every time, year in, year out.
They have to be good: that's the filters they use for all the engine durability testing in the field or on the dyno.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.