Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,708 Posts
I've used Purolator filters on both of the older Jeeps and on our '98 Subaru over the 18 years we had it. On the '17 Wrangler, I use Mopar filters in the cartridge filter because of the warrantee.
They can't void your warranty for using aftermarket parts.
Law requires that if they require their own brand, they have to provide it for free.

·
Super Moderator
33,708 Posts
At one time a friend started using the Purolator Pure One on his Neon. Then he started having problems with the catalytic filter and the O2 sensors. So he switched to a different oil filter without the silicon gasket. Something about the silicon reacting with the oil and causing possible problems with the O2 sensors.
There is no interaction between the oil and the O2 sensors in a healthy engine.

Reactions: djsamuel and Doug D

·
Super Moderator
33,708 Posts
Retail brands often change manufacturers, so it's best to use the most recent comparison possible. The Mopar filter review was posted last year, so it's probably up to date. Here's one from earlier this month:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTNJLEV8CG8

According to it, Napa Gold is the equivalent of Wix, and Bosch is similar to Purolater.

One from earlier this year shows that the Supertech (WalMart) brand appears to be made by Wix:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_4oN54qlU

I've been using the cheaper Napa ProSelect filters for some time, which also seems to be made by Wix. It looks like the Supertech filter is of similar quality.
People have been vilifying Fram filters online for years. Truth is, I've run several hundred of them through several cars I've owned, all of which ran like new at 250K -300K miles. Never a single problem. Most of these reviews have no scientific validity.

Reactions: djsamuel

·
Super Moderator
33,708 Posts
Looking in the 1993 Passenger Car Parts Catalog, and under the 3.0L V-6 engine, I find oil filter 5281 090.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.