Allpar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lZWX25RuuE

MoPar filters are made by Wix and Purolator to Chrysler specifications.
(for things like water retention.)

Well made, plenty of media, anti drain back, bypass valve, etc.....

Why chance your engine to lesser filters? :eek:

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably not that many pages about guys that blew their engines because of an inferior product.
Who would brag about that? lol...

Last time I bought MoPar filters, they were in the 6 buck range. I shop around and buy a dozen or so at a time.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At the risk of annoying people, first, there is no Chrysler dealer closer than a minimum of a 1 hour drive to me. Walmart usually carries them, but their lovely electronic catalog does not go back far enough on the MOPAR filters, it only shows Fram for my application. I have the long MOPAR PN, but not the short MOxxx number. When in doubt, I have and will continue if needed used (since I had the clearance) a Motorcraft FL1A on my engine. If you go looking at a number of the filter tests that have been run, all that I have seen use that size as it is a very common one and fits many of the older Chrysler vehicles.
You can find MoPar filters on ebay and other sites.
Delivered right to your house...
Some free ship, too. And, no sales tax.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Odd, since the OEM MoPar filters use a silicon anti drain back valve, and gasket... !!!

I use MoPar filters for peace of mind, for cars in warranty or not. As stated above, they are made by Wix or Purolator, but to higher specs.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good reasons why I choose to use Mopar filters.
Pay a little more, but you are getting a quality product, every time, year in, year out.
They have to be good: that's the filters they use for all the engine durability testing in the field or on the dyno.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wix built the racing filters for Nascar hemis. Purolator did too.

I agree with the Fram comment. I used them also with no issues in the distant past.

Drop a roll of toilet paper in the toilet. Watch it fall apart. Nice filter!! lol....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.