Allpar Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, new pics, and a running video for your pleasure.....

Video:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Love it! Sounds Awesome. BTW, do you think you have enough Dakotas? Lol ;)
LOL, I will be shedding one or two at this point I think. But yes, Ive had 3 Dakota R/T's for many years. There is a story that goes with them as well, but I will save that for some other time ;)

Reactions: MPE426HEMI

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Love it! Sounds Awesome. BTW, do you think you have enough Dakotas? Lol ;)
Something else I just thought of. All 3 Dakotas are actually quicker in the quarter than this Barracuda.... I WILL be changing that.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Something else I just thought of. All 3 Dakotas are actually quicker in the quarter than this Barracuda.... I WILL be changing that.
Wow! That's amazing? 275 HP don't cut it these days? Lol
I guess it's all the cats and crap, but those old 340's always sound way better than any modern engine I hear today. You can't beat that 340 sound. I wish my 5.7 sounded like that. :( It's just not the same, old, V8 sound.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
Considering the 'Cuda is 50 years old and the Dakota's are much younger, it doesn't surprise me.

My wife's 2010 Journey SXT 3.5L has more hp (235 hp) than my first car - a 1968 Camaro 327 V8 with 210 hp. It's probably quicker in the 1/4 mile and gets much better fuel mileage. Still wish I had the Camaro. It would be worth at least $15K today.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wow! That's amazing? 275 HP don't cut it these days? Lol
I guess it's all the cats and crap, but those old 340's always sound way better than any modern engine I hear today. You can't beat that 340 sound. I wish my 5.7 sounded like that. :( It's just not the same, old, V8 sound.
Well, the Cuda has a 380 horse 360 Magnum crate motor in it.

The Dakotas are all very well warmed/built 360 Magnums as well.

Basically, the Cuda has the same motor as my wifes truck, just a little bit more cam. But because of the stall and gears in my wifes truck ( 3500 and 4.56's ) her truck can launch harder than the Cuda ever could ( MT and 4.10's ) because a hard launch in the Cuda means broken something with sticky tires..... IE 4000 RPM clutch drop launch

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Considering the 'Cuda is 50 years old and the Dakota's are much younger, it doesn't surprise me.

My wife's 2010 Journey SXT 3.5L has more hp (235 hp) than my first car - a 1968 Camaro 327 V8 with 210 hp. It's probably quicker in the 1/4 mile and gets much better fuel mileage. Still wish I had the Camaro. It would be worth at least $15K today.
Its more complex than that in this case, but yes, you are correct. Modern cars are surprisingly quick, especially when held up to "muscle car" standards.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, first Danno mod going in the car today after work hopefully.

The original buckets, while in great shape, aren't exactly what I would call "comfortable". And my wife happens to agree.

So, I have a set of Gen2 Viper GTS seats in black sitting around. I think they are finding a new home :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts