Allpar Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
MoparNorm said:
That's nothing different than F1 does, every weekend... Maybe Ferrari will enter NHRA? ;)
Can't really comment on that. Other than looking at a few F1 pictures in "Autoweek" now & then, I have no interest in that series and don't follow it. If ever there was a racing series with "0" connection to anything that I could buy for the street, that's it, imo.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Beentherebefore said:
I don't see NHRA struggling at all. The last time I went to Pomona, you could barely move around in the pits for all the fans packed in there.......and that was on a Friday! Most NHRA national meets exceed 100,000 spectators total for the weekend. Maybe that's not enough for Castrol but I suspect that Force was waning in his value to the company with his unexceptional performances these last few years. His "next generation" drivers may not have the panache that he once did and he's really been pushing to build an empire for them. Empires cost big $$$$.

And yes, he will at least try to steal somebody else's sponsor. Hope it's not from any of the Mopar teams.
Even the stands at the US nationals had empty seats. The race before was half empty in the stands.

The staple races like Pomona will always be full. It's hard to compare using Pomona only...

I think all live events are struggling for attendance right now in general. It's unfortunate. COTA added extra seating this year for the Formula 1 race and they are not sold out yet... Last year they sold out several months ahead of the race.

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
It's the economy...folks are struggling, more and more jobs are part time. Ticket prices haven't abated, the "recovery" isn't a real one.
NFL, Baseball, Basketball, all are faced with the same issue.

Reactions: dana44

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
It's the economy...folks are struggling, more and more jobs are part time. Ticket prices haven't abated, the "recovery" isn't a real one.
NFL, Baseball, Basketball, all are faced with the same issue.
Yup, I am seeing it everywhere.

Mike

41 - 44 of 44 Posts