Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My latest additions from Big Bill's Diecast in St. Augustine, Florida.....well worth checking out if you're in Florida.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I like the Texas car. In small scale, not life size.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I purchased a resin body kit of a 1963 Plymouth Belvedere Station wagon.
When I got it, discovered that the left front axle mount was only partially there when it was molded.
Seller offered me my money back but had no more kits of this model so I kept it. Now, need to fix molding blem so that
I can put and hold a front axle it it. I have a piece of scrap brass from a slot car chassis that I can glue in place and drill, but then I
will need to use a straight steel model axle of the correct length. Anybody have any spares that they can spare?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Man, I just had a big WTF? moment!
I thought this was a new post until I saw where I had posted already... WTF?
Oh, March 8th, 2013....

But I still like the Texas car... :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
When I got it, discovered that the left front axle mount was only partially there when it was molded.
Seller offered me my money back but had no more kits of this model so I kept it. Now, need to fix molding blem so that
I can put and hold a front axle it it. I have a piece of scrap brass from a slot car chassis that I can glue in place and drill, but then I
will need to use a straight steel model axle of the correct length. Anybody have any spares that they can spare?
Probably woulda been better to start a new thread, rather than hijack this one, but you could always do a crashed station wagon.
Some of my best die cast are wrecked vehicles. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

Maybe. But I won't be able to look until after the weekend. I'll have to paw through the parts box.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I just had a big WTF? moment!
I thought this was a new post until I saw where I had posted already... WTF?
Oh, March 8th, 2013....

But I still like the Texas car... :)
Thanks Donnie 3.0. This forum is a bit sleepy, isn't it?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey, I'm not nit-picking, just thought you might have gotten a better response with a dedicated thread.
And I did make a recommendation on what to do with your model.

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Of course... I could be wrong...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Soooooo.... whatever happened with the axle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts