Allpar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,386 Posts
Like new!
Looks like you're one of those people who I would want to buy a car from, or anything, for that matter, when you sell it. You can always tell who takes care of their stuff.
You should check out the '71 Charger thread where there is photo history of the restoration (still in process).

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once I got the Mopar head gasket package open, I found in the instructions that it is supposed to be sprayed on both sides with Mopar gasket sealant. I had a 60-mile round trip to the closest dealer that stocked it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most OHC cars don’t form those parafin type oil build ups like OHV Engines do! But with you changing the oil on a regular bases has helped keep the deposits almost nonexistent even no golden tint! My Nissans are all well over 244k (03 Maxima), 450k (98 Maxima), and had a 426k (86.5 Hardbody) sold it… I noticed this back in the 80’s with my 1974 Celica running extremely clean up top! The reason why was that OHC engine use High pressure up to the cam and OHV USE Low pressure up to the valves!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Working when it's not too hot/humid and when I'm not watching my grandson. I finally finished up the Neon head gasket job. What a crappy job. I don't want to ever do that again. I wish I had just dropped the engine/transaxle out of the car and worked on it on the floor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.