Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Dodge Caliber in a random way, is shutting down while Im driving, it starts making the bell sound like when you leaves the lights on , then all the panel lights turn on including one with a lightning symbol then the caliber shuts down, I have to way few minutes to turn it on again,I already check with scanner no bad codes came out I also check battery and is ok, can it be the alarm? Im getting crazy can somebody help me please :((

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. There may be fault codes in modules other than the engine computer (PCM). The lightning bolt symbol is for the electronic throttle control (ETC) which should leave a fault code in the PCM, but the problem may be in your instrument cluster (CCN module-which can store fault codes) or elsewhere. The TIPM (totally integrated power module) supplies power to much of the car's electrical system and may have stored fault codes.
Some things to check:
Make sure that all your underhood fuses are pushed down all the way.
Make sure that the battery cable connection to the TIPM connector nut is tight. For Calibers built before 3/30/2006.
Make sure that the wiring under the battery has not been damaged by battery acid. There is a repair kit (part #68018960AB) for acid damaged wiring.
The Caliber is a Mopar, so this thread may be moved to the General Tech section or the Caliber section.
Let us know what you do or don't find.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Go to www.caliberforumz.com. I'm also a member there and it's dedicated strictly to the Caliber. You'll get a lot more answers there. There just aren't that many Caliber owners here. Tell them Flyinghigh sent you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts