Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to e veryone, I am new here.

I've been the very proud owner of a 1963 Valiant v200 225 cu in (3.7 L) slant-6 Iron block for several years. It was my daily driver for 3 years but I've had the car parked for roughly 8-10 years and have brought life back into her recently as my truck was stolen. She isn't the prettiest currently but she only has surface rust, no real cancer (highly unusual) and just needs a set of headlight bezels, bit of front end work, interior, body work, & paint. All my glass is original but the seals are rotted as well as the door, trunk, hood seals. All my chrome is there although some does need refurbishing or replacement. The dash is almost perfect short of the fake chrome/plastic gauges and the wheel really needs changing as it is cracked and shrunken badly. All electrical and lights work perfectly. The black mark across the bottom drivers side is from a freaking semi truck tire I barely avoided on the freeway but no denting and I think it can be buffed out but I'm painting so doesn't matter I guess.

I am missing my fuel cap as it was stolen and I cannot find another, I've been searching for years and I now believe the filler hole/gas nozzle receiver has been changed out to possibly a 70-72 configuration but I do not have the original filler specs to measure against. I really need a fuel cap quite badly so if anyone has information or knows the type/spec please contact me. Thanks, this forum looks really great.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Not likely that the later filler would fit into your vehicle without a lot of modification. Layson's Restorations shows a couple variants of the fuel cap available

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
68RT said:
Not likely that the later filler would fit into your vehicle without a lot of modification. Layson's Restorations shows a couple variants of the fuel cap available
Thank you, I did a bit of research after reading your comment (keep in mind I don't know as much as I should) and you are correct. Not that I doubted you or anything. They are the same from 60-66 and changed in 67.

On a huge plus and after literally YEEAARRSS of searching I have gotten a fuel cap. Thanks to all members who suggested Laysons.com as there were a few of you and you hooked me up.

It is primered currently but I am having it powder coated black or grey, the powder coating company is willing to piggy back the cap onto another order already shooting the color/s I mentioned saving me $80.00 on setup fee and costing 30.00 total with tax.

FYI: for those who don't know powder coating is much more durable than paint and as such is equally durable (not impervious) to fuel and most lubricants but there are some exceptions so read up if interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts