Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost done getting my Lebaron back on the road, it's been a long battle, but well worth it!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It looks fantastic ! Classy color combination and it must run great with the 2.2 TII and the 5 speed. Rare too. Was it in this good a shape to start with or did you refurb or restore to get it in this condition ? I"ll assume that the interior and chassis are in similar condition ?

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,685 Posts
Nice! Reminds me of the '86 GTS we had long ago, but it had the 2.5L non-turbo and 3 speed auto. I still loved it though. It was a tank in snowy weather.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
That car is looking great! You've done a fantastic job and should be very proud.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Remember when you got that, I've always liked the look of it. All your work on the engine compartment is worth it, it looks fantastic.

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
Looks great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!!! The car was dirty when I got it. It took alot of cleaning to get it to this. The only things I painted were the a/c bracket, water pump housing and heat shield on the firewall. I didn't want to go over board on the car since it would start to lose it's originallty. Yes the car a few dings here and there and a few paint issues but over all it's in good shape. The interior and underside are just as nice, bad part is that the car was rustprofed (Chrysler Mastersheild) when it was new. The exhuast also has been modified with a cat delete and a magnafow muffler. I will get more pics up later.

·
Super Moderator
36,952 Posts
For cars that were fairly common when new (though most probably weren't turbos), there sure aren't many of them around any more and the ones that are look beat to death. It's nice to see one that looks close to new!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What did you start out with ? Any other work other than detailing the engine compartment ? Do you think you'll be able to find an original muffler with the two angled tail pipes ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I started with was very dirty Lebaron GTS that had never been waxed for about 10 years, but stayed in a garage to be driven occasionlly. I had to do alot of detailing. The owner did try to keep the car clean, but after getting married and two kids, he really didn't care about the car anymore, at least his wife didn't. I do have an original muffler for it with the dual angled stainless tips, I may put it back on in the near future. I have a pic of the engine before I cleaned it up. I ended up pulling the motor out of the car because it had a leaking freeze plug on the back of the motor behind the starter and turbo, it made it easier to fix.

·
Registered
181 Posts
valiant67 said:
For cars that were fairly common when new (though most probably weren't turbos), there sure aren't many of them around any more and the ones that are look beat to death. It's nice to see one that looks close to new!
Indeed. It's nice to see an H-body looking so nice, especially a turbo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts