Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.. so.. I need to bail on my 1996 Cirrus 6G73.... just can't figure out the electronics, no time and no place to store it... so i bought a 2013 Dart SXT... problem is, is that it was off a lot and has no Manual and I don't know exactly the options which it may have....figured most of them out... 1st, if no manual at the lot go to dealer i guess.?? 2nd is their a work manual or is there a sub output on the deck.???also want to install my 600w Alpine Amp and 12' Sub... Only came with a CD player and AM/FM radio....sooooo...Can i get a sat radio signal through this deck or do I install my Stratus 6 SatRad and run through the Aux port and unplug to use MP3...??.Is all this info in the Manual..?? And can they tell me the options from the VIN..??? like the good old days.... am keeping my 1985 Dodge Ram D-100 Custom...too simple....And want another old Mope..like maybe a 69 Dart GT.. My first was a Challenger which i foolishly let go... I think has the 2.0 TigerShark with Auto 6...Just bought it 1 week ago... driven 800km so far and love it...knock on wood..Thanks for any and all help and thanks for reading... would love to get in touch with owners of SXT's.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,677 Posts
For the owner's manual go here:

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

At the minimum you should have gotten an owner's manual in CD form. They are doing away with the traditional paper owner's manual.

Yes, the dealer should be able to run the VIN # and tell you what options the vehicle was equipped with from the factory. Doesn't include any dealer added options.

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
If you register in the owner's section at Dodge.com you can also get a list of options on your car from there. You can also view the service history, if any, which may indicate any dealer options. For example, on my Challenger the first service history was when the dealer added the stripe kit.

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
Doug D said:

At the minimum you should have gotten an owner's manual in CD form. They are doing away with the traditional paper owner's manual.

Yes, the dealer should be able to run the VIN # and tell you what options the vehicle was equipped with from the factory. Doesn't include any dealer added options.
New cars come with a "User's Guide" in paper form - he should have at least gotten that. It's typically about 80 pages. The "Owner's Manual" is available for free pdf download from the Chrysler site, or one can buy the CD. The CD is not supplied with the car. Imagine my surprise when I found that the 80-page booklet was not the detailed owner's manual - it had so much content, I thought that was it.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doug D said:

kk, thanks for the speedy response... know anything about the amp/sub input on the AM/FM CD radio (no screen).. am going for the "Users Guide" and will download pdf to my laptop.... will try to track down a CD also as I like everything to be complete... sad to lose my CirruBishi..was a great car

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
If you press the Radio button on your Radio, what does it do, just switch from AM to FM? If so, you do not have Sirius radio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kk ... will try the AM/FM (RadioButton) trick.... only have a serial # in the system info and was hoping to find a 12 digit sat ID #... Is all good though as I have a Stratus 6 Sat RAdio and is actually more portable, ( has a dock/ghetto blaster ) and can put in my truck for camping.... just need to deal with the wires ,etc.
Thanks for all your help... 2 weeks all good,,, knock on wood....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts