Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2013/28/spy-shots-mystery-dodge-dart

The shooters at KGP Photography have photographed a Dodge Dart that is heavily covered in fresh camouflage, but what this disguised Dart represents is currently a mystery.

This Dart's camouflage is different from the camo applied to Dart prototypes before the car made its public debut in January 2012. This camouflage has clearly been redesigned, meaning that this is not just simply an old prototype that hasn't shed its old camouflaging clothes. No obvious changes are discernible beneath the camouflage, however, which makes it hard to pinpoint the nature of this test car.
Let the guessing begin!

My guess is...it's not really a "Dart" at all.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Are you thinking Giulia sedan test, or Alfa-badged SUV AWD test?

To me it looks like it's sitting a tiny bit higher than the Dart. That makes me wonder what market it's testing for. If this chassis is intended to be a world car, then perhaps they're working on Latin American or Russian/Asian variants with more ground clearance and different styling cues. It also could be that if it came out of the regular plant that builds the Dart, they don't want us assuming that features on this variant are coming on the US or Canadian version, so the camo is mainly to keep us guessing as opposed to making predictions of certainty...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dart awd testing... if not it will be most likely an update of the current dart with the new standard aero package, weight reduction and 9 speed..

most likely not a test for an Alfa because they'd probably want to start on their cars first.. not some cuv.

Seems like they are using the standard exhaust almost ford focus like in design on the lower rear bumper trim.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
1) It's testing the SRT Cherokee AWD hardware (and thus the DSRT Hardware)
2) Its the new Dart hatch
3) Early Dart Update testing
4) They are testing the HellcatHemi for Dart production

In other words, I have no idea.

If this IS a DSRT precursor, didn't somebody (Moparnorm) see one in Vegas last year (or more ago)? Htat person could help on this.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Muther said:
1) It's testing the SRT Cherokee AWD hardware (and thus the DSRT Hardware)
2) Its the new Dart hatch
3) Early Dart Update testing
4) They are testing the HellcatHemi for Dart production

In other words, I have no idea.

If this IS a DSRT precursor, didn't somebody (Moparnorm) see one in Vegas last year (or more ago)? Htat person could help on this.
# 2 seems more Possible lol.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My best guess is it's a mule for some Dart related stuff, cause why hide so much if it's not Dart related? Why not have like the Giulietta mules if it's doing non-Dart hardware like engines and AWD systems? Just my logic on it, but it could easily be anything relatively close to the CUSW platform.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Didn't Mopar say they will be coming out with a new exterior kit for the GT? Maybe that's it...

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Sir Moses Wellington said:
My best guess is it's a mule for some Dart related stuff, cause why hide so much if it's not Dart related? Why not have like the Giulietta mules if it's doing non-Dart hardware like engines and AWD systems? Just my logic on it, but it could easily be anything relatively close to the CUSW platform.
Why? Because 200 is too large to use the Giulietta mule. ;)
In another thread there is a photo of a Alfa in camo, it shares this same identical,windshield and roofline.
This is likely the Alfa/Avenger/200/Barracuda, which presents interesting drivetrain possibilities.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
it is the mid-cycle facelift with the 9-speed automatic..
The mule is also testing different set of suspensions..
It isn't the DSRT, since the wheels, brakes, hood and front facia look the same..

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
200 Replacement?

or Refreshed Dart?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Article noted the Alfa wheels...which don't mean much since every previous Giulietta-based mule used them as well.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
The top white strip on the front camo looks just like the current Dart's upper grill and headlamps. The lower white strip seems to include larger openings on the sides where the fog lamps sit. Going to the rear, I doubt its an SRT mule based upon the exhaust(single outlet). The 200 is going to be larger than the Dart so I dont think its a 200 either. Those wheels look similar to the current 200 Limited wheels. My guess is powertrain testing for the refresh....

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Moparian said:
The top white strip on the front camo looks just like the current Dart's upper grill and headlamps. The lower white strip seems to include larger openings on the sides where the fog lamps sit. Going to the rear, I doubt its an SRT mule based upon the exhaust(single outlet). The 200 is going to be larger than the Dart so I dont think its a 200 either. Those wheels look similar to the current 200 Limited wheels. My guess is powertrain testing for the refresh....
The fog light openings look similar to me.

If it was "just" the 9-speed, I don't see why they would have to put camo on it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts