Allpar Forums banner
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Valued Member
2,716 Posts
NASCAR NEWS BLURBS

Ford and Toyota Reveal Their New Generation of NASCAR Trucks (Article) (Article)

NASCAR is loosening up its playbook to allow a little more freedom in design for trucks in the 2022 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
On Thursday, Ford unveiled its 2020 racing Ford NASCAR F-150 set to make its racing debut next year at Daytona. The truck was developed at Ford’s Dearborn, Michigan, design center and at the Ford Performance Technical Center in Concord, North Carolina.
NASCAR is allowing Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota to update their truck noses and tails next year to more align with the vehicles that find their way to the driveways. For Ford, that means a new composite nose surface that more resembles a production F-150, as well as new composite hood and tail areas. The hood, now steel sheet metal, will be composite for 2022. The new-look fender will remain sheet metal.
On Friday, at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Toyota unveiled its new race truck for the 2022 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. For the first time, Toyota will campaign the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro beginning at Daytona International Speedway in February.
Toyota's commitment to race vehicles that closely resemble production vehicles continues with this all-new Tundra TRD Pro. With the new body for 2022, Toyota is celebrating the launch of all new next generation Tundra models on showroom floors.
Next years cars and trucks are really starting to look like street cars as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Next years cars and trucks are really starting to look like street cars as far as I am concerned.
I think it's great to see that! I never had a problem when they didn't look like the real car, but it is nice to see it visually go back to basics.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
XFINITY ROVAL RECAP

A wild last few laps at the Charlotte Roval, and a very relieved winner. Let's dive into this elimination race of the Xfinity Series!!

AJ Allmendinger drove his Chevy to the win with a hard charging group of drivers right behind him. Allmendinger clinched a spot in the Round of 8 in the NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs. He won for the fifth time this season and the 10th time in his career. Winning for the sixth time on a road course, Allmendinger broke a tie with race runner-up Austin Cindric for most-ever Xfinity road course victories.

Allmendinger, who worked his way forward from the 14th starting position, took the lead for good on Lap 48 when Ty Gibbs suffered brake problems, blew the chicane on the backstretch and had to come to a full stop before continuing.

Austin Cindric, the defending series champion, already had clinched a spot in the Round of 8. Third-place finisher Daniel Hemric joined him, along with Justin Haley (fourth Saturday), Brandon Jones (fifth), Noah Gragson (sixth), Justin Allgaier (ninth) and Harrison Burton (15th).

Jeb Burton, Myatt Snider, Jeremy Clements and Riley Herbst were eliminated from the Playoffs. Last week's winner, Brandon Brown finished 22nd.

Now let us check out the top ten finishers with some new faces up front.

1. AJ Allmendinger - Chevrolet
2. Austin Cindric - Ford
3. Daniel Hemric - Toyota
4. Justin Haley - Chevrolet
5. Brandon Jones - Toyota
6. Noah Gragson - Chevrolet
7. Preston Pardus - Chevrolet
8. Myatt Snider - Chevrolet
9. Justin Allgaier - Chevrolet
10. Sam Mayer - Chevrolet

·
Valued Member
2,716 Posts
XFINITY ROVAL RECAP

A wild last few laps at the Charlotte Roval, and a very relieved winner. Let's dive into this elimination race of the Xfinity Series!!

AJ Allmendinger drove his Chevy to the win with a hard charging group of drivers right behind him. Allmendinger clinched a spot in the Round of 8 in the NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs. He won for the fifth time this season and the 10th time in his career. Winning for the sixth time on a road course, Allmendinger broke a tie with race runner-up Austin Cindric for most-ever Xfinity road course victories.

Allmendinger, who worked his way forward from the 14th starting position, took the lead for good on Lap 48 when Ty Gibbs suffered brake problems, blew the chicane on the backstretch and had to come to a full stop before continuing.

Austin Cindric, the defending series champion, already had clinched a spot in the Round of 8. Third-place finisher Daniel Hemric joined him, along with Justin Haley (fourth Saturday), Brandon Jones (fifth), Noah Gragson (sixth), Justin Allgaier (ninth) and Harrison Burton (15th).

Jeb Burton, Myatt Snider, Jeremy Clements and Riley Herbst were eliminated from the Playoffs. Last week's winner, Brandon Brown finished 22nd.

Now let us check out the top ten finishers with some new faces up front.

1. AJ Allmendinger - Chevrolet
2. Austin Cindric - Ford
3. Daniel Hemric - Toyota
4. Justin Haley - Chevrolet
5. Brandon Jones - Toyota
6. Noah Gragson - Chevrolet
7. Preston Pardus - Chevrolet
8. Myatt Snider - Chevrolet
9. Justin Allgaier - Chevrolet
10. Sam Mayer - Chevrolet
Great race especially at the end. Ty Gibbs was giving it his all until he missed a turn. Good stuff.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
CUP SERIES ROVAL RECAP (PLAYOFF CUT-OFF RACE)

What a race as at various times we thought Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson, or Brad Keselowski wouldn't make it into the round of 8. It is no doubt the Roval cutoff race didn't produce a thrilling start, to the round of 8. Let's see who won, who made it in, and who didn't.

Kyle Larson made a late restart pass to grab the lead and win his seventh victory this season with Tyler Reddick was 0.782 seconds behind. Chris Buescher had a his best finish of the year in third, after his previous best finish was taken away at Daytona due to technical inspection errors. Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin were fourth and fifth. Kyle Larson's win didn't come easy as he had to race through the field several times. The first time was due to an alternator and alternator belt, which they replaced on pit road.

Early in the race, the Penske cars were holding their own up front, but soon the field started to get shuffled, and drivers moved around. Elliott and Harvick had a brush-up on Lap 55 causing Elliott to hit wall. Elliott tried to ram into Harvick as he came down but hit Cole Custer instead. Elliott sustained severe damage but was able to carry on.

Kevin Harvick's playoff hopes were in the good until when under heavy pressure, he missed a turn and crashed into a wall with 11 laps to go while Elliott was running right behind him. He was the only playoff driver to not complete the race.

Though he was already well above the elimination line, Larson’s victory solidified his spot in the Round of 8. Hamlin, Logano, Brad Keselowski (finished 20th), Martin Truex Jr. (29th), Blaney, Chase Elliott (12th) and Busch complete the Round of 8 field with Larson.

Kevin Harvick (33rd), Bell, William Byron (11th) and Bowman were eliminated from title contention. All four were in danger before the green flag even waved.

Brad Keselowski did well early in the race, but was constantly getting spun around and had to start from the rear each time. He struggled all day to stay above the cut-line, even falling behind at times. In the end, he was able to move up and pass Harvick and Truex Jr. to retain his position above the cut off.

William Byron ran well most of the day and looked like he might race his way into the next round. But after some cautions and pit stops, he fell behind, but raced hard for the victory in the end. He pushed it a bit too hard trying to pass Reddick and hit the wall in the infield. He finished 11th and was eliminated. His teammate Alex Bowman was also eliminated and finished 10th.

Daniel Suarez ran in the top ten today as did Michael McDowell at one point. Both drivers had respectable finished in 13th and 16th. Ryan Preece raced in the top five for a short time before being spun around accidentally by Logano and finished 19th.

Kurt Busch ran in the top five most of the day, but late race issues forced him with a 25th place finish.

Let's check out our top ten.

1. Kyle Larson - Chevrolet
2. Tyler Reddick - Chevrolet
3. Chris Buescher - Ford
4. Kyle Busch - Toyota
5. Denny Hamlin - Toyota
6. Matt DiBenedetto - Ford
7. Joey Logano - Ford
8. Christopher Bell - Toyota
9. Ryan Blaney - Ford
10. Alex Bowman - Chevrolet

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
NASCAR News Blurbs

Rick Ware Racing Switching Fully From Chevy To Ford For 2022, Will Have Alliance With Stewart-Haas Racing

On Sunday, Rick Ware Racing announced that the team would move to fielding Fords in 2022 while forming alliances with both Stewart-Haas Racing and Roush Yates Engines. The team will receive engineering support from Stewart-Haas while also leasing Roush Yates Engines, the powerplant used by the top Ford teams in the Cup Series. Rick Ware Racing's new alliance with Stewart-Haas Racing is an expansion of a previously-existing relationship between the two teams. Rick Ware Racing fielded a car for Stewart-Haas driver Cole Custer in three Cup races in 2019, and the team has also utilized a Stewart-Haas developmental pit crew. Rick Ware Racing has fielded four full-time Cup teams this season, using a mixture of Chevrolets and Fords along with a mixture of different drivers. Josh Bilicki has raced the full season for Ware, Cody Ware has run most of the season, and the team's other primary drivers have included Garrett Smithley, James Davison, and Joey Gase. The team has one top 10 finish, which came when Bilicki finished 10th at Daytona in August. Rick Ware told reporters on Sunday that he plans to field two full-time teams in 2022 and is looking at a third. With the debut of the Next Gen car in 2022, Ware stated that he is currently "not prepared" to run four cars. Article

GMS Racing Hires Ty Dillon For Full-Time Cup Series Ride In 2022
After becoming one of the pre-eminent teams in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, GMS Racing is taking a big step up in 2022 with a move to full-time Cup Series racing. And their first foray to Cup has created an opportunity for a driver who has been seeking a new ride over the past year, Ty Dillon. On Sunday, GMS Racing announced that the team has signed Ty Dillon as the driver of the No. 94 Chevrolet, which will enter the Cup Series as a new full-time entry in 2022. Dillon, the younger brother of Austin Dillon and the grandson of Richard Childress, will return to being a full-time Cup driver after losing his ride following the 2020 season due to the shutdown of Germain Racing. Dillon has spent the 2021 season racing part-time across the Cup and Xfinity Series, splitting time between Gaunt Brothers Racing in Cup and Joe Gibbs Racing, Our Motorsports, and Jordan Anderson Racing in Xfinity. Dillon has 166 Cup starts already to his credit, and drove full-time for Germain Racing from 2017 until the team folded at the end of the 2020 season. Dillon has two-top 5s and six-top 10s in his Cup career, with a best finish of third at Talladega in 2020.
Originally formed in 2011, GMS Racing has grown into one of the powerhouse teams of the Truck Series, winning 39 races in its history, as well as two championships with drivers Johnny Sauter (2016) and Sheldon Creed (2020). GMS has also won championships in the ARCA Menards Series and ARCA East, and fielded a car in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, winning one race with Spencer Gallagher at Talladega in 2018. GMS Racing currently has two trucks remaining in the Truck Series playoffs, with Creed above and Zane Smith below the Championship 4 cutoff line with two races left in the season. Article

NASCAR Euro Team To Enter Cup Series For 2022
The NASCAR Cup Series will have a new team next year as contenders from the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series have announced the intent to field a car on a part-time basis.
Team Hezeberg will be a joint effort between Toine Hezemans and Dutch entrepreneur Ernst Berg. Mooresville, North Carolina-based Reaume Brothers Racing (of the Xfinity Series and Camping World Truck Series) will offer technical support. The No. 27 Ford Mustang will be driven by 2019 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series champion Loris Hezemans who will compete in all road course races and, when approved by NASCAR, potentially some oval events. The goal is to be approved to compete on all ovals by 2023. Hezemans and Berg are friends who raced together in the 1970s and then sponsored a Formula 1 car in the ’80s. Hezemans won three European championships and all major endurance races between 1970 and 1978, including the 24 Hours of Daytona and a class win in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Berg competed in the Dutch Touring Cars championship and had a season in the World Sports Champions and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
In the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, the Hendriks Motorsport team debuted in 2018 and won back-to-back championships in 2019 and ’20. Loris Hezemans has 11 career wins in the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series and leads the point standings going into the Oct. 30-31 season finale. Hezemans is not a stranger to NASCAR competition. He’s made three Xfinity Series starts — two this season — for three different teams since 2019. Hezemans finished a career-best 22nd at Road America in 2019, driving for BJ McLeod. Hezemans and Jacques Villeneuve will drive a Next Gen car at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval test on Oct. 11 and 12. Article

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Saw some of the race on TV.
Man, those grandstands were pretty vacant.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I haven't watched NASCAR since Carl Edwards was robbed of his best chance at a championship to give Jimmie Johnson a magic 7th Championship, tying him with two who earned theirs, Petty and Earnhardt. The stage racing was the final straw, if I want that, there is an excellent short track in Hampton VA with better action. A number of drivers got their start at Langley Speedway (now Larry King Law's Langley Speedway).

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think the Panthers game at home probably kept some fans away.
As for the Elliot and Harvick feud, the most damning words were between Chase and his crew chief. I don't understand the fans booing Harvick at all. To have Hendrick complain is laughable.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,273 Posts
As for the Elliot and Harvick feud, the most damning words were between Chase and his crew chief. I don't understand the fans booing Harvick at all. To have Hendrick complain is laughable.
Chase said it best after Harvick plowed nose first into the wall in heartburn turn (turn 1) - "Karma." Chase was behind him by 2 car lengths.

Chase ended up finishing well enough (12th) to advance to the Round of 8 while Harvick didn't.

Chase has been the one putting what transpired at Bristol behind him. Harvick is the one holding the grudge. Well, we can see what that got him. Nothing.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm sure that Chase would have dumped Harvick if Harvick didn't wreck.
I'm sorry but racing for a championship is what brings out the worst in drivers. We've seen it before and will see it again.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Chase did try to hit Harvick after he was bumped into the wall at the Roval. If you watch the video, he immediately comes down to try and hit Harvick but hits poor Cole Custer instead, and they spin our into the grass.

That said, I hated seeing fans boo Harvick... but I have no idea why Harvick is acting the way he is too. It's not very mature on his part. But nor was Chase Elliott doing what he did at Bristol... so I guess it all kind of... equals out? Kinda? Harvick came in second at Bristol and Elliott lost.... Elliott made it through the Playoffs and Harvick didn't? I don't know...

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,273 Posts
I'm sure that Chase would have dumped Harvick if Harvick didn't wreck.
During Racehub's radioactive portion of the show, it was clear Chase was going to "pay back" Harvick if he got the chance. Had Harvick not wrecked himself I have no doubt the pay back was coming. As it was Chase was about 2 car lengths behind Harvick when Harvick drove straight into the turn #1 wall.

but I have no idea why Harvick is acting the way he is too.
This not the first time "Happy Harvick" has done this type of stuff. He has done this several times in the past. If he thinks you've done him wrong, he doesn't forget and will wait until the opportune time to retaliate.

As Chase's spotter said when Harvick wrecked himself, "Karma." (I previously gave credit to Chase, but his spotter actually said it.)

NASCAR has already said they will be calling both drivers to the hauler before the race at Texas to have a "sit down". I don't think NASCAR will do anything though. Both drivers have "gotten" each other and in my view are "even".

At this point, it would be wise for both drivers to let it go. Nothing good will come out of a continuing feud. That said, both will probably give the other a hard time when passing on the track. I expect that.

As I said before, Harvick was the one continuing to fume before The Roval. Elliott had pretty much put it behind him until Harvick dumped him.

fans boo Harvick
When a driver dumps the fan's favorite, what did you expect?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Come on, this is Hendrick we are talking about.
Hendrick complained about Harvick action but completely ignored the yellow flag caused by Chases bumper cover.
The NASCAR rules change according to the offender.
Not my words but some motor racing talking heads.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,273 Posts
Hendrick complained about Harvick action but completely ignored the yellow flag caused by Chases bumper cover.
Two unrelated actions except that Harvick's action resulted in the bumper cover coming loose. If the roles were reversed, Stewart would have complained if Chase took Harvick out.

If you have a problem with NASCAR not black flagging the #9 for the bumper cover, take it up with NASCAR. The bumper cover is not required for road courses except it has to be there at the start. If this had been an oval, yes, Chase would have to pitted to get it fixed. They said this during the broadcast.

The NASCAR rules change according to the offender.
Not my words but some motor racing talking heads.
Sour grapes if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Nascar has in the past black flagged cars to get their sheet metal in check if it’s flipping in the wind like it was with chase, yes even ones that aren’t needed. Clearly this is nascar playing favoritism like normal

·
Registered
762 Posts
Two unrelated actions except that Harvick's action resulted in the bumper cover coming loose. If the roles were reversed, Stewart would have complained if Chase took Harvick out.

If you have a problem with NASCAR not black flagging the #9 for the bumper cover, take it up with NASCAR. The bumper cover is not required for road courses except it has to be there at the start. If this had been an oval, yes, Chase would have to pitted to get it fixed. They said this during the broadcast.

Sour grapes if you ask me.
No sour grapes here.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts