Allpar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
This has no relevance to Chrysler in racing currently! Post will be moved!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Just move it to Chrysler Chat.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Thank you!
;)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Can't agree about "no relevance to Chrysler in racing currently". He is still the most widely know face in Chrysler's motor sport history to this day.
Racing Vipers will never get Chrysler what this guy did, never ever.

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
LXbuilder said:
Can't agree about "no relevance to Chrysler in racing currently". He is still the most widely know face in Chrysler's motor sport history to this day.
You said the magic word - History!

The story has no relevance to the Motorsports News section since it has no tie in to Chrysler's factory motorsports current activities. Just because it's Richard Petty does not link this to Chrysler in motorsports now. This motorsports news section is dedicated to Chrysler's current motorsports programs, activities race coverage & news within, not nostigilia! (Though I have tried for a while to create such a section but my requests have been turned down due to the Chrysler Chat section which coves similar teritory)

Yes I agree Richard did show great generousity & kindness by doing what he did, hence why it was moved here.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
moparbob said:

The story has no relevance to the Motorsports News section since it has no tie in to Chrysler's factory motorsports current activities. Just because it's Richard Petty does not link this to Chrysler in motorsports now. This motorsports news section is dedicated to Chrysler's current motorsports programs, activities race coverage & news within, not nostigilia! (Though I have tried for a while to create such a section but my requests have been turned down due to the Chrysler Chat section which coves similar teritory)

Yes I agree Richard did show great generousity & kindness by doing what he did, hence why it was moved here.
Your efforts to get a historical RACING section established are appreciated by myself and about a dozen board members who have PM'd me about trying to get one started here. Unfortunately there are just too many other topics in this section for historical racing stuff to stand out. If you can get a seperate racing history section approved, I've got newspaper articles, photos, old programs etc, going back to the 1960s featuring Mopar's long and glorious racing history. It's way to much work to try to post that kind of stuff only to see it get lost in a myriad of chat posts on hundreds of other topics so, right now, other discussion boards are benefiting from my efforts. Some of them are so specific as to limit the actual time period of the racecars or the tracks (or dragstrips) that the cars raced on, so you can visualize how quickly an all inclusive Mopar historical racing section can blossom by itself.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
LXbuilder said:
Tell it like it is, brother!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
moparbob said:

I totally agree with you moving the story here, I was just poking those who way under rate NASCAR's importance to Chrysler's motor sport, and it's motor sport history. The King is the number one most "household" name across N. America and all the world.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I can't believe this awesome story is being ruined by arguing about what section it should be in.
Mick
P.S. congrats to the Corporal of Marines I am sure he deserves this wonderful gift.
Semper Fidelis
OOHRAH

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Mick M said:
I can't believe this awesome story is being ruined by arguing about what section it should be in.
Mick
P.S. congrats to the Corporal of Marines I am sure he deserves this wonderful gift.
Semper Fidelis
OOHRAH
No disrespect intended, I'm a huge fan of all those who serve in the name of freedom. I may not be your countryman but I still appreciate and thank-you for your service.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mick M said:
Mick
Semper Fidelis
OOHRAH
You know how I feel Mick.
My comments to move it here, was to prevent the story from being deleted there. ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I understand. I just wanted to point out that we lost the great deed done by an awesome icon for an american hero love what location it should be in. I hope this string of famous celebrities giving houses to those lucky men and women of our armed forces continues.
Mick
I will admit it is better then some of the comments where the story is posted.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Beentherebefore said:
Your efforts to get a historical RACING section established are appreciated by myself and about a dozen board members who have PM'd me about trying to get one started here. Unfortunately there are just too many other topics in this section for historical racing stuff to stand out. If you can get a seperate racing history section approved, I've got newspaper articles, photos, old programs etc, going back to the 1960s featuring Mopar's long and glorious racing history. It's way to much work to try to post that kind of stuff only to see it get lost in a myriad of chat posts on hundreds of other topics so, right now, other discussion boards are benefiting from my efforts. Some of them are so specific as to limit the actual time period of the racecars or the tracks (or dragstrips) that the cars raced on, so you can visualize how quickly an all inclusive Mopar historical racing section can blossom by itself.
First, a big fan of the "Mr, the King". Does not surprise me at all that he would be involved in this.

Second, I would be a big fan of a racing historical section. At least a subsection where it will NOT be lost in the hundred other subjects debated. A place that any of us so inclined, can easily find what interests us. Just as some on here want to debate target marketing, B, C, or D segments and where they all position into todays Chrysler.....there's some of us want to read about, debate and discuss Mopar's racing heritage.

And I think, of the forums I have visited or am a member of, Allpar , the way it is formatted, is by far the best site for it.

Added benefit, it is said many now at Chrysler read Allpar......such a section may promote a better understanding of Mopar racing fans. Where we came from, and why we sometimes get ticked off. And why we can be so loyal. Why Mopar or no car, is a bit more then a slogan to some of us.

I think Beentherebefore [and others] has a huge amount to contribute, and it would be a terrible waste to, well, waste that.

Even if he does ruffle a feather or two, with his misspelling of a certain manufacturer. Like me, he seems to be old and decrepit, thus deserving of pity and excused. [sorry beenthere, couldn't resist]

Last, this subject is a bit personal to me. A hint.....my username. Simply put, I come from a time [early 70s] when a kid couldn't read well was often considered just slow. Tough for him if he couldn't keep up.

The spark that prompted this slow kid to teach himself to read and comprehend better......was Mopar racing history......reading about racing in the 60s. Richard Petty, Sox&Martin, early Super Stocks, etc.

And NO......I do not expect Allpar to do something just to please me. I think it would benefit all of us, as well as bring in new members.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts