Allpar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the press release:

Ned Curic is a worldwide-recognized expert with proven success since 2017 at Amazon as Alexa Automotive VP, Responsible for building Automotive business and technology organization. From 2015 to 2017, Ned was Toyota Connected EVP managing software engineers, data scientists, and designers, following a position as Chief Technology Officer of Toyota Motor North America, responsible for planning and execution of Digital Transformation Strategy, Innovation and Advance Technology, Data, Digital Marketing, Customer Lifecycle, Vehicle platform and Connected Car Technologies, Enterprise Architecture, and Business Architecture Services.

Full press release here:

Ned Curic will join Stellantis as Chief Technology Officer | Stellantis

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,734 Posts
As a side note to anyone watching, news articles call him Ned Curic because that's what the press release said. His full name is as typed by T_690. Not everyone knows where the special characters are on their keyboard (I admit to not knowing where to find ž but I can copy and paste). I see they're back to photographing people in hallways with an Instamatic.

·
Administrator
36,734 Posts
What would we do without all these immigrants?
Better education for existing citizens? Lower tuition at state universities? The horror!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wester is Chief Engineering Officer. I have no idea what the difference between that and the CTO. They are the kind of titles that vary at different companies
The CTO role is related to Information Technology, I’m guessing. Based on his background, my guess is that he’s working on stuff related to the intersection of the car and internet connectivity and integration. Think Android Auto, or Apple Car Play, Alexa, etc.

·
Valued Member
2,574 Posts
Better education for existing citizens? Lower tuition at state universities? The horror!

Better education for existing citizens?. Both of my sons got Bachelors, Masters and PHD's from University of Michigan in Electrical Engineering during the 1990's. By the time they got into their PHD programs it was 90% immigrants. Most are just too lazy to work for Post Graduate goals.

·
Super Moderator
38,317 Posts
Funny............I can't picture you or any white person picking fruits and vegetables in the hot sun all day or working in the chicken and cattle slaughter houses!
Sorry, I don't have pictures, but both my brothers and me spent summers planting and picking vegetables (tomatoes and peppers mainly) plus bailing hay 6-7 days a week for many years. My Mom even worked in the tomato fields as well. We were surrounded by farms. Farms were where the jobs were, unless you were lucky to get a position as a carry out at the grocery store..
I haven't worked in animal slaughterhouses, but have butchered cows, pigs, and chickens.

·
Administrator
36,734 Posts
Better education for existing citizens?. Both of my sons got Bachelors, Masters and PHD's from University of Michigan in Electrical Engineering during the 1990's. By the time they got into their PHD programs it was 90% immigrants and 10% white folk. Most **** folk are just too lazy to work for Post Graduate goals.
I don't think avoiding a PhD is laziness, I think it's often a calculation. First, not everyone has the capability to get one; there are some fairly specialized skills there. Second, not everyone is prepared academically for one. Third, mostly, many people don't see the cost/benefit on their side, and many of those are correct. I had a classmate transfer from the PhD program to the master's because she was able to use the master's to get a job at a large bank. By the time I was sweating out my dissertation, she was a vice president earning upwards of $200,000 a year. And when I graduated, I was a less valuable employee because PhDs are, according to American folklore, morons living in ivory towers.

(Comments on groups of people who are generally, for historic reasons, going to underfunded, underquality schools despite 1953 SCOTUS ruling)

Mainly, as long as we have a perpetual underclass in the US, we will have a large group of people who could be helping us to compete on the global stage, who we push into prisons (sometimes with evidence, sometimes, as various nonprofit groups who work at getting them back out, without evidence), menial jobs, and welfare.

(Updated to remove references that make no sense given deletion of earlier posts)

·
Administrator
36,734 Posts
It's been scientifically proven that the genetic differences between what we humans laughingly call "the races"...is so tiny, that it's not worth mentioning.
Race, the way we think of it, is essentially an artificial construct, despite actual genetic clusters which don't seem to affect behavior at all.
The “scientific” way of describing it, I think, is “the variance between individuals of any ‘race’ is always greater than the variance between the averages of those ‘races.’”

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Just to expand on that point a little...
It's been scientifically proven that the genetic differences between what we humans laughingly call "the races"...is so tiny, that it's not worth mentioning.

For anyone out there who have any gripes or issues about "the races"...they should take that up with the Alien peoples from foreign planets who "seeded" humanity here in the first place...and in the second place too!:p:D
Were the ones who seeded it second Neanderthals and third the Denisovans?

"Having more or less DNA in common with archaic humans says nothing about how “evolved” a person is, nor does it give any indication of strength or intelligence."

"Studies have suggested that certain genetic variations inherited from archaic humans may play roles in hair texture, height, sensitivity of the sense of smell, immune responses, adaptations to high altitude, and other characteristics in modern humans."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts