Allpar Forums banner

Need an auto choke assembly and linkages for a Holley carb

6889 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  CHRYNY
I have a 1966 Valiant 200 4 door with the 279cu (4.5L) engine. The car sat for over 2 years, so a lot of work has gone on since I got it.

We replaced all the brakes (everything except the backplates!, and upgraded it to a 2 chamber master cylinder!). All rubber hoses replaced, new shoes, wheel cyls, turned the drums, replaced a bad steel brake line, all new hardware.

We also had to completely redo the fuel system. Gunked up big time. Cleaned the tank, replaced the sending unit, cleaned out the line, replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, rebuilt the carburetor. dang thing runs like a dream now! I have the 2BBL Holley carburetor.

My problem? I cannot hook up the automatic choke. The linkages from the coil to the carb are gone. Kaputski! Even if I hook it up, I don't know if the coil will still do its thing. I have heard that these OEM chokes never worked very well anyway (it never did on my 1BBL1967 Dodge Dart /6 225 carb either).

if someone knows how/where I can get auto choke parts for the Holley carb, great! If not, does anyone know which Holley electric choke kit I can get to replace it with? I think I would actually prefer to go ahead and get the electric kit, but I am not sure.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6,093 Posts
Man, that's going to be tough to find for that vintage car. The next time I go to Pull-A-Part, I'll be happy to check for you if they have any older Mopars in the yard.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.