Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time in Carlisle.
But learned that my Radiator fan and lack of a complete shroud that is aftermarket because of my larger intercooler is not pulling enough air through to keep my A/C Condenser cool enough to keep my A/Cool. The high side pressure climbs.
I met one of the Allpar members with the Red 90 Daytona (sorry forgot your name, and don't want to guess) he recommended and shown me the Fan and Shroud on the 90 and it pulls a lot of air through due to the deeper shroud then the 89. It is also plastic. So I am looking for a 90 Fan and Shroud to make fit my 89 Daytona. Or does anyone any other ideas? I also need the stamping number from a 1990 shroud to help me find one.

Thanks..
Jason

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the stamping number on the shroud? I have the fan & shroud for mine but the 1990 has deeper shroud to draw more air. The 1990 shroud is plastic, mine is a metal shroud.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a fan and shroud from an IROC R/T ('92, I believe). Not sure if it would be the same as you are looking for or not, I could take pictures of it this weekend if you haven't found one by then.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gnnash; Thanks, please send me pictures. Is it plastic? The plastic one I believe is deeper than the metal one, and draws more air.

turbo pacifica; Thanks for the picture. I think it looks like the one I have that may have been stock on mine.

Jason

·
Registered
314 Posts
I believe it's plastic with plastic fan blades. Kind of a "newer" style fan, with 8-10 blades if I remember correctly.

Again, if my memory serves me correct, this is it (not actual picture): Not sure it's deeper, but I would believe that it'd suck more air.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just wondering, what radiator are you running, the factory TII? Also what kind of intercooler are you running?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure if the radiator is stock but it is 15 1/2" wide and I am using a larger mitsubishi intercooler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts