Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vacuum lines under my hood are so old that they are cracking that control my heater controls and the on off to the heater core . Where do i get these thin lines?
So far i have been just cutting a black rubber hose and putting the ends inside of it.
It doesnt fit the tightest and the more i repair it the worse it probably gets due to the heat making it bigger and it falls off.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
Autozone has some thin vacuum tubing for repair.

I'm surprised, on all of my cars, there is one thin vacuum feed from underhood (check valve on the brake booster) to the firewall, and all the other (octopus) tubing for climate control is behind the dash.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is the one under the hood that keeps getting eaten by the heat. One black that goes to the booster and one gray that goes to the heater core on off.

When i bought the car i got it for a lower price because she said only the defrost works, it was that hose.

I just hope it never breaks off at the firewall. i might have to drill a hole. I should have replaced the whole tube when i had the dash off.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I have had the same issue. I just keep patching the broken tube with windshield wiper sprayer hose. I'm also getting closer to the firewall. I've seen that tubing on rolls at Advance Auto. Routing it under the dash doesn't look fun though.

Still, the lower price purchase for such a simple problem had to be worth it. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts