Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a pcm from a website online with my correct vin and everything its a 2001 auto pt cruiser 2.4l i had lost the key with the chip and the immobilizer locked up but the car was a daily driver with no issues before that so I replaced the pcm with a non immobilizer version first i disconnected the immobilizer so it wouldnt marry the new pcm and I installed the old bracket on the new pcm and bolted to the car them plugged in the pcm then hooked up the car battery i put my non chip key in the ignition and the car turns over but no start after a few trys and a little diag the car is getting spark when i turn over i took a spark plug out and checked all was good trying to find the issue.. any tips?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I had tried spraying starter fluid into the intake manifold and the car started for second so really thinking fuel could be the issue but after trying the car a couple more times with no luck the key stopped being able to turn the car over but I jumped the starter and it Crunk up for second again with starter fluid im going to stop noe before this gets worse need advice thanks

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
The problem is most likely the replacement ecu you got. Get with fellow member Myckee here and he can set you up with a guaranteed ecm. He's an awesome dude that stands behind his products 100%. PM him and you'll probably get a quicker response.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts