Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Comanche with the 4.0L. The plastic coolant bottle has developed 2 splits and I need to find a replacement. Was told by a local dealer it was no longer available. Does anyone have one in good shape or know where I can get a replacement? This is my first Jeep product and it is a little different than the standard Mopar!
Still has parts that says AMC and said it was built by Jeep Eagle Corporation (Not Chrysler or AMC)!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 1990 Comanche with the 4.0L. The plastic coolant bottle has developed 2 splits and I need to find a replacement. Was told by a local dealer it was no longer available. Does anyone have one in good shape or know where I can get a replacement? This is my first Jeep product and it is a little different than the standard Mopar!
Still has parts that says AMC and said it was built by Jeep Eagle Corporation (Not Chrysler or AMC)!

Thanks in advance!
Try looking at this site, has good selection with pix. Richie

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw/jeep~radiator_overflow_tank.html

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks in advance!
This in fact is a Chrysler built Comanche as we were bought out in 1987. Until all stock was depleted or engineering changes implemented you will in fact have various AMC parts installed. Jeep XJ series parts are common to both Cherokee and Comanche i.e. unit power and transmission with the 4.0 liter and Asian Warner automatic. The Cherokee bottle will work, I have picked several used bottles at local boneyards, although I would recommend a new bottle. I still have two XJ's a 99 Cherokee and a 91 Comanche Eliminator which I am proud to have built here in Toledo and drive! Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts