Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a windshield for a 1986 K body convertible, as far as I know 1983-86 K body convertibles should all be the same.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried, I started with Safelite, had an appointment to have it installed here on Tuesday 7/16, the Virginia Beach shop called Monday, 7/15 to tell me they were unable to get the windshield and would have to cancel the appointment. So far two other shops have been unable to find one. Unfortunately it is unique to the 1983-86 K body convertibles.

I did find a company that says they can get one or have it made, $1245 just for the windshield.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I guess you know you may have to resort to a boneyard for one. I do not have any data sheets, but I would think a 2 door hardtop windshield would work. I know of a Dodge 600 convertible in a yard in Michigan. Will that work?

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
I Googled: Mopar 4337489 and got a couple of overseas hits. They ship worldwide.
The rest were phone numbers.
The K-27 body is the only application for this windshield. All are tinted. '83-'86 sounds about right.
There are obsolete/discontinued glass vendors online. You could contact them to have them search for you? They may have glass resources that we don't.
If enough people get together who need a reproduction w/shield, a brief special-order production run brings the cost down.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess you know you may have to resort to a boneyard for one. I do not have any data sheets, but I would think a 2 door hardtop windshield would work. I know of a Dodge 600 convertible in a yard in Michigan. Will that work?
Yes, that is the same body, K-27, strange thing is the Dodge 600 sedan and coupe were on the E body, a slightly longer wheelbase than the K, but the Dodge convertible, first as a 400 trim then as a 600 trim still stayed on the K body.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally threw in the towel, bit the bullet and ordered one from Vintage Auto Glass. They have to make it, the one they had in stock was sold so it will be probably 2 weeks before it is shipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts