Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I retrofitted a 2000 neon LX radio cassette and cd changer on my 2003 Neon LE. I made harness connecting old style connectors to new style connectors with Scoche Chrysler harness for aftermarket radios. Radio and CD changer work fine, however radio display is always bright and does not dim like rest of the radio and cd changer buttons.

All radio cables are connected through harness with exception of the CCD cable, I read that it appears this is the one needed to dim the display??. Does anybody know where I need to connect it?

Regards!

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,491 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. You may be able to revert the 2003 to use a 2000 radio and not use the bus. See the Dimmer (#3) and Illumination (#4) terminals in the Gray connector below.
The Or wire is the variable dimmer wire and you say that part works.
A Bk/Yl wire from the headlight switch may have to be tapped into and run over to the radio to power #4 whenever the Parking or Headlamps are on. Having a switched 12 volts on the Illumination terminal should cut display brightness by 50%.

Reactions: somber

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,491 Posts
Yes a +12 volt sense so that the Park/Headlamp 'on' signal input cuts the display brightness by 50%.
The display will then dim along with the illumination by using the control knob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.