Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

While Honeywell might seem like an odd place to be mining for a leader of a car brand, Christine Feuell rose through the ranks of marketing at auto companies Ford and Johnson Controls as well as Honeywell. The fact that she is leaving a high job at Honeywell suggests that Stellantis intends to put serious resources behind the Chrysler brand.

·
Registered
114 Posts

While Honeywell might seem like an odd place to be mining for a leader of a car brand, Christine Feuell rose through the ranks of marketing at auto companies Ford and Johnson Controls as well as Honeywell. The fact that she is leaving a high job at Honeywell suggests that Stellantis intends to put serious resources behind the Chrysler brand.
Awesome news, finally some progress for Chrysler!

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
Fantastic news!!!

I am so happy that Chrysler will be free from Tim Kuniskis and allowed to stand (or fall) on its own.

She was many years with Johnson Controls seating, now Adient.

Chrysler needs this type of leader....marketing that can re-establish the Chrysler brand (whatever it might be).

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
Christine Feuell will be given a better chance at success than poor Laura Soave.

·
Super Moderator
38,541 Posts
Honeywell was quite involved involved in automotive turbocharging until they spun off Garrett Motion three years ago, though she was not in that line of business.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
What is Chrysler's niche?

I think that Chrysler needs dedicated engineers and product teams.

Ram's success has been dedicated "truck" folks and the money behind them. Stellantis seems to be willing to put money and time into Chrysler.
Chrysler's niche was quite clear before Daimler/Fiat started muddying the waters. Chrysler was comfort to Dodge's value/high performance. Daimler/Fiat was trying to turn it into Plymouth (value). I don't know that they need dedicated engineers, the same person that designs a soft suspension can design a high performance one. They need dedicated designers/stylists. Sharing everything but front and rear clips with other divisions won't do. Chrysler needs its own sophisticated design language.

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
Just hope they don't tie her hands.
It is good to hear that she reports directly to Tavares and not to Manley. That gives her a better chance at success than reporting to those who served their incompetent master and drove the Chrysler band into the ground.

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
While I'm glad that they finally aquired some real talent, let's hope she has the ability to deal with what I believe is the Kuniskis testosterone show. Does anyone know who she will be reporting to?
September 7, 2021 , Amsterdam - Stellantis is pleased to announce that Christine Feuell, previously chief commercial officer at Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions, will join Stellantis as Chrysler brand CEO on September 13, reporting to CEO Carlos Tavares.

Source: Stellantis Media - Christine Feuell Joins Stellantis as Chrysler Brand CEO (stellantisnorthamerica.com)

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
Nice, let's hope he gives her the control and funds to do her job.
So far, Carlos has kept his word more than Sergio did at this point!!!!

·
Jeepaholic
6,155 Posts
An interesting choice, but not in a bad way. With top leaders, it may not necessarily be about what they were doing at their previous place of employment, but how they were doing it. Great vision, ability to mobilize the ranks, ability to keep the pieces coherently together, etc. I don’t know much about her other than what is said in the article, but it seems they’re very pleased to get her. Good luck, and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Yet another demoralizing blow to insiders.
You would have to be there to understand what bringing in outside “talent” does for morale.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Yet another demoralizing blow to insiders.
You would have to be there to understand what bringing in outside “talent” does for morale.
While that might be true, they definitely need some new blood. From the outside the executive levels seem very stale and not much in the way of a vision of what some of the brands should be.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts