Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the article:

This year Chrysler released the 2021 Pacifica Pinnacle edition. Essentially a luxed-up version of the brand's successful minivan, the Pacifica Pinnacle has Nappa leather seats, second-row captain's chair pillows, and Chrysler's new Ultra center console, which offers more than 13.6 liters of storage room. Although the Pacifica Pinnacle starts at a relatively steep $53,990, this month you might be able to snag one at a discount.

According to a report from CarsDirect, Chrysler is already offering deals as rich as $5,000 or a combination of zero percent APR plus a cash bonus on its most luxurious Pacifica minivan. The deal itself consists of either a $2,000 rebate or zero-percent financing for 60 months, plus a $3,000 bonus.

Full article here:

New Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle Already Offered With $5,000 Discount (motor1.com)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Pinnacle is a bit of a stretch for Chrysler. I can see a want for a luxury minivan, but feel stow and go is what hurts it. Very plush recliner style with massage second row would be better IMHO. Of course make them removable (probably 2 person job) Leave third row as is. And for gods sake, quit it with the diamond stitching!

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,471 Posts
I did a build and price on both a Limited and a Pinnacle. The Pinnacle came out slightly cheaper and comes completely loaded.

·
2,471 Posts
Just checked. Looks like Canada has a $2500 rebate on them right now. Not sure about the USA pricing, but in Canada the Pinnacle is looking like a pretty good deal if you can pony up for a $55K minivan. The Touring-L isn't THAT much cheaper and there's so much overlap between the trim levels that by the time you option out the lower trim the way you want you've likely crossed over another trim level which might have the options you picked as standard equipment.

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Pinnacle is a bit of a stretch for Chrysler. I can see a want for a luxury minivan, but feel stow and go is what hurts it. Very plush recliner style with massage second row would be better IMHO. Of course make them removable (probably 2 person job) Leave third row as is. And for gods sake, quit it with the diamond stitching!
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Pinnacle come with non-Stow N Go middle seats?

They are listed as "Easy-Slide 2nd-Row Bucket Seats"

Reactions: DC-93

·
Registered
981 Posts
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Pinnacle come with non-Stow N Go middle seats?

They are listed as "Easy-Slide 2nd-Row Bucket Seats"
I believe that would be the hybrid. If I’m not mistaken the normal version has stow and go. I also remember hearing that the non folding seats were more comfortable. However, I think they fell short on seating comfort (although I admit I’ve not tried them). Front and middle should be full luxury in a luxury van. Probably would price themselves out of the game though.

·
Super Moderator
37,490 Posts
Pacifica hybrid and Pinnacle do not have Stow N Go. The Pinnacle has AWD standard which means no Stow N Go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it isn't AWD that prohibits stow & go. It's appears that the Pinnacle seats are nicer, thicker and more luxurious and therefore don't fold down to the point that it'll fit into the hole in the floor. That will be a problem with Pinnacle.
Limited and other models can be purchased with AWD and still have Stow & Go.
I predict that Pinnacle will some day have the option of Stow & Go seating. It's so nice to have the ability to easily get the seats out of the way when needed.

·
Super Moderator
37,490 Posts
it isn't AWD that prohibits stow & go. It's appears that the Pinnacle seats are nicer, thicker and more luxurious and therefore don't fold down to the point that it'll fit into the hole in the floor. That will be a problem with Pinnacle.
Limited and other models can be purchased with AWD and still have Stow & Go.
I predict that Pinnacle will some day have the option of Stow & Go seating. It's so nice to have the ability to easily get the seats out of the way when needed.
That's right' Limited AWD still jhas second row Stow N go.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Pacifica hybrid and Pinnacle do not have Stow N Go. The Pinnacle has AWD standard which means no Stow N Go.
Doug demuro reviewed a pinnacle with stow and go, but I don’t suggest giving him a view, he consistently gets things wrong, and generally show distaste toward mopar products

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Doug demuro reviewed a pinnacle with stow and go, but I don’t suggest giving him a view, he consistently gets things wrong, and generally show distaste toward mopar products
His Pinnacle review was rather aggravating to me, as he obviously had no idea what the Stow N Assist buttons were for, or even how the non Stow N Go middle seats worked. Aka, pull on the big handle at eye level that shows how to tilt the middle row seat forwards to get into the back row easily. Instead he made a misleading statement about how your kid could push the Stow N Assist buttons and move the front seats forward and he awkwardly folded the middle seats down and made it more difficult to get into the back row than had he not touched anything.

Having said that, the Pinnacle seems to get the same middle seats as the Hybrid that don't fold into the floor:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Chrysler, the brand has a nice van here. Some would argue the prices might be too high, but Ram is too high IMHO, but they have in 10 short years escaped their previous image. Chrysler can do this too, with quality and dealers who take care of customers.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Chrysler, the brand has a nice van here. Some would argue the prices might be too high, but Ram is too high IMHO, but they have in 10 short years escaped their previous image. Chrysler can do this too, with quality and dealers who take care of customers.
Hyundai and Kia did that too in the 1990's...it can be done with any brand. Quality and Customer Experience have to be strictly paid attention to.

·
Super Moderator
37,490 Posts
Well, yes the prices are too high as evidenced by the large discounts on the van and even larger discounts on the pickups. But there are reasons to price high and discount instead of pricing reasonably to begin with.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I think one mistake the company is making is putting most of its belief on high margins and the heck with anything else. While there is some recent backtracking on this, there needs to be more done. Ram's Bighorn trucks are a prime example of good marketing. It provides a good level of most equipment at competitive prices. It also provides a good looking truck. My coworker loves his new truck, it's charcoal with all black trim. I don't like that look, but they make one with bright accents and wheels too. That's the truck I want.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yeah, but then you'd miss out on the "quirks and features" and the "Doug Score." :geek: Not to mention the REAL draw to Doug DeMuro: "Doug is the type of guy" jokes and other jabs in the comments. 🤣

Doug is a type of guy to park his Chrysler Pacifica in his living room to use the vacuum cleaner.

Doug is the type of guy to pull on the center console lid which says “push”

Doug: the type of guy to order a large medium pizza for dinner

Doug is the type of guy to buy 2 Pacificas so he can have 4 pillows

Is Doug ok? He's only wearing one t-shirt.

Doug at a funeral:
Priest: "Would anyone like to say something?"
Doug: "Be sure to check out CARS AND BIDS, which is my new online car auction enthusiast website..."

·
2,471 Posts
I'm just going to point out that the complaining about the Pinnacle pricing is a bit laughable for what you're getting. I was browsing Jeep.ca today and looked at 2021 Grand Cherokees. The models were over $55K and I hadn't even scrolled all the way to the top end trims.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
More DeMuro jabs and other cheekiness:
Big enough even to contain Doug's gesticulating, without bashing his hands. Impressive packaging, indeed!

Doug is the type of guy that doesn’t listen to the radio to see better 😂😂😂

I only came here for the comments. Doug finally started wearing shirts that fit!

Doug in 2060: Cars and Bids is my NEW car auction website. Me: What year is it?

Doug is the type of guy that owns a Ford gt and gets excited with minivans

I'll go check this cars&bids and see what I can't afford

Car enthusiasts in 40 years: "Does it have the numbers matching vacuum?"

I bet nobody pulled up behind this minivan and thought "hmm I bet that's Doug Demuro driving that"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts