Allpar Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,471 Posts
Doug demuro reviewed a pinnacle with stow and go, but I don’t suggest giving him a view, he consistently gets things wrong, and generally show distaste toward mopar products
He rated the quality a 6, "because it's a Chrysler". And he rated the comfort an 8... in a minivan... with plush nappa heated and cooled leather seats...

What a knob.

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,471 Posts
His Pinnacle review was rather aggravating to me, as he obviously had no idea what the Stow N Assist buttons were for, or even how the non Stow N Go middle seats worked. Aka, pull on the big handle at eye level that shows how to tilt the middle row seat forwards to get into the back row easily. Instead he made a misleading statement about how your kid could push the Stow N Assist buttons and move the front seats forward and he awkwardly folded the middle seats down and made it more difficult to get into the back row than had he not touched anything.

Having said that, the Pinnacle seems to get the same middle seats as the Hybrid that don't fold into the floor:

View attachment 79092
I noticed that too! He was like, "This is for more legroom. But why is this on the driver's seat?" And then he proceeded to pontificate that a child might kick the button accidentally which could somehow then crush the driver into the wheel. LOL

·
Registered
712 Posts
The European brands driven out of the US market due to reliability concerns (Fiat, Alfa, Peugeot, Citroen) are the exceptions that prove that rule.
The French and Italians have never been known for improving on their reliability. Neither has Chrysler for that matter...(pre-Diamler, Diamler, or FCA).
The company has another fresh start, so why not follow the Korean Automotive model and try making Quality and Customer Satisfaction a Stellantis mission for all brands...American, French, and Italian.

·
Registered
981 Posts
His Pinnacle review was rather aggravating to me, as he obviously had no idea what the Stow N Assist buttons were for, or even how the non Stow N Go middle seats worked. Aka, pull on the big handle at eye level that shows how to tilt the middle row seat forwards to get into the back row easily. Instead he made a misleading statement about how your kid could push the Stow N Assist buttons and move the front seats forward and he awkwardly folded the middle seats down and made it more difficult to get into the back row than had he not touched anything.

Having said that, the Pinnacle seems to get the same middle seats as the Hybrid that don't fold into the floor:
I was going nuts thinking I had the Mandela effect. Had to look for it, but you tuber Alex on autos did an unveiling video of the pinnacle. He had stated non hybrid would get stow and go. I see now that it was an error.

View attachment 79092

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Chrysler, the brand has a nice van here. Some would argue the prices might be too high, but Ram is too high IMHO, but they have in 10 short years escaped their previous image. Chrysler can do this too, with quality and dealers who take care of customers.
I totally agree but the "dealers who take care of customers" is unfortunately the hard part.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I've been reading about the downfall of International Harvester. For 30 years they took a pretty hardline towards their very loyal dealers. That was a serious miscalculation, in the author's opinion. By the time they realized that listening to dealers helped them, it was too late. Dealers for Chrysler used to have some clout, but apparently they haven't for some time.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've been reading about the downfall of International Harvester. For 30 years they took a pretty hardline towards their very loyal dealers. That was a serious miscalculation, in the author's opinion. By the time they realized that listening to dealers helped them, it was too late. Dealers for Chrysler used to have some clout, but apparently they haven't for some time.
FCA did 3 things that made already poor dealer service even worse:

1) End the Customer Advisory Board (CAB)
2) Sell Fiat franchises at $1 million and then slow-walk product and lie about getting Alfa
3) Reduce warranty/recall reimbursements to dealerships

Initially, FCA was really bad at stocking parts, especially for recall work. They have improved in this area, but need to continue that improvement.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That's an even sadder story than the Chrysler Corporation story. The nickname "Big Red" for IHC was a result of IHC being the big boy on the ag block. Deere didn't eclipse IHC until the late 60s, right? I remember when IHC was purchased by Tenneco. We bought our last International tractor in 82. We bought the first Case-IH Magnum when they came out in 87, and Dad got to go to Racine to the factory. Replaced the Gen 1 Magnum with the updated version two years later, and we still have it and the last IHC, as well as a 1066 that's almost as old as I am, and a 756 with the German diesel.

Reactions: UN4GTBL and somber

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I noticed that too! He was like, "This is for more legroom. But why is this on the driver's seat?" And then he proceeded to pontificate that a child might kick the button accidentally which could somehow then crush the driver into the wheel. LOL
He does note his error in the comments and pinned it, because it was an overwhelmingly stupid thing to suggest and he got flamed online for it. I too am pissed off that he knocks the reliability just for being a Chrysler because other than the hybrid recall when it was first launch I recall the Pacifica being pretty decent from a quality standpoint, and the new Pacifica has upgraded refinements, a new front and rear clip, AWD, but pretty much the same everything else. So I would be surprised if quality falls. Also this is Windsor which seems to do better than many of the other plants with quality.

My 2021 AWD Pacifica Touring frames on Monday!
(y)
Well I'm officially jealous.
I do miss that it appears that with this model we officially lost the Easter Egg in the center console paying tribute to the past minivans.

·
Registered
141 Posts
He does note his error in the comments and pinned it, because it was an overwhelmingly stupid thing to suggest and he got flamed online for it.
Yes, but what percentage of YouTube viewers are reading the comments? Since he's presumably already returned the press vehicle and cannot record a correction, he should at minimum overlay text on the original video, if not excise the segment completely. The review is beyond stupid.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's an even sadder story than the Chrysler Corporation story. The nickname "Big Red" for IHC was a result of IHC being the big boy on the ag block. Deere didn't eclipse IHC until the late 60s, right? I remember when IHC was purchased by Tenneco. We bought our last International tractor in 82. We bought the first Case-IH Magnum when they came out in 87, and Dad got to go to Racine to the factory. Replaced the Gen 1 Magnum with the updated version two years later, and we still have it and the last IHC, as well as a 1066 that's almost as old as I am, and a 756 with the German diesel.
You have some good Red tractors.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You have some good Red tractors.
Yep, and one old orange one, that I learned how to drive on: an Allis-Chalmers WD with a WD-45 cylinder kit, and as Dad always put it, "steering by "Armstrong." It has the hand clutch, and in first gear on flat ground, a 5YO can operate one with a father and a grandfather walking behind picking up driftwood in the Ohio River bottoms of W KY in the mid-70s, towing an old US Navy bomb wagon, as long as the river doesn't come up a second time in the Spring and scatter the drift line. For that, you need a brush rake. Dad bought one in 78, and never had to use it. We moved back across the river in 80, and it sits collecting rust under a tree.

Reactions: RogerDodger8508
21 - 36 of 36 Posts