Allpar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just saw on the build a Jeep site that some new colors finally have late availability. Cannot tell the difference between Rocky Mountain, Ember and Midnight Sky Ideas?
These colors are not available on the Laredo. A disappointment for me is that another new color, Hydro Blue will only be available on Overland, Trailhawk and Summit. I thought a new Limited in Hydro Blue and white interior would look nice in my garage.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pigment costs
Velvet Red on the Jeeps, Octane Red on Dodge, and Delmonico Red on the Ram are all the same color. The color on the Ram is $100, The Jeep and Dodges are $395. The Ram would need more paint than the others yet the price is almost $300 less. Charging $400 for paint is just price gouging. When I leased my '19 Charger in Octane Red, there was no extra charge for the color.

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
149 Posts
They keep raising the prices of the vehicles then they limit the color selection for your inflated stickers.
Charging $395 for every color but white on these things is absurd.
Build and price an Audi. Any color other than black or white is $890.00 cdn. Totally ridiculous.

·
Jeepaholic
6,646 Posts
Can I get one in plain metal and have it painted myself? Is Earl Scheib still around?? "I'm Earl Scheib, and I'll paint any car, any color for $99.95 No ups, no extras," :LOL:

·
Registered
185 Posts
When you buy paint for the walls of your house, they don't charge different prices for every different color other than a select few.
The few dollars more that some colors may cost the manufacturers doesn't justify a $400 extra charge. Pure greed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts