Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I need your help. Long story short,I purchased new Denso compressor from Rock Auto last July, (part #4710111) never got around to install until hopefully now.

The compressor came with no suction and discharg fittings to hook up the refrigerant lines. So far all new compressors I've seen online shipped this way.

What are my options to install the a/c lines to this compressor?

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
That's often the case - you re-use the old fitting block with new gaskets that are supplied.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, but the original 4 screws of the old compressor fitting block look like allen screws, its different than the bolts on the new compressor shipping plate. The new compressor came with like 8-10mm 4 bolts on the shipping plate while the old fitting block screws look like allen .

So what kind of bolts/screws would I need to attach the old fitting block/service valve to the new compressor since the new compressor 4 shipping plate bolts are different from the original compressor"s fitting block/service valve? Am I confused?

The instruction says 'Attach service valve(s) to compressor using original bolts and torque bolts to 24.5 N*m(245 kgf*cm, 18.1*ft)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you need to swap the fitting block over from the old compressor to the new one? Were fresh gaskets included to do this?
Yes I do need to swap the fitting block over from the old compressor to the new one as I do understand it now, and fresh gaskets included in the package.What type of bolis/screws to use to attach fitting block to the new compressor?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,362 Posts
Use the old allen key bolts. I'll guess that a 6 mm bit will fit.
Use clean PAG oil on the gasket for assembly. The compressor may already come charged with oil, see your instruction sheet about adding any oil.
You will need a vacuum pump and gauge. Draw the system down into maximum (28-30 ") vacuum and make sure that it holds vacuum for ~10 minutes. This will be your leak test.
If OK, go ahead and add the correct refrigerant charge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, one of the allen fitting block screw of the old compressor works on the new compressor shipping plate and one of the shipping plate screws works on the old fitting block.

Please feel free to correct me anytime. Already added 1 ounce of double-end pag refrigerant oil to new evaporator,I intent to add 1 ounce to new condenser, 1 ounce to new drier/filter,the rest to new compressor after I drain oil from new compressor?

Never used vacuum pump and gauge before, its something an average joe can do? Any vacuum pump and gauge recommendation?

Waiting for a/c heater housing part to arrive continue this work.Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts