Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Can't see the picture, can't help then :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Preliminary Sketch. I Don't want to believe this picture, too many pixels around the car. I'll say this much, I was expecting a bit more. If this is it, I was expecting WAAAAY too much.

Tim Doyle. Anyone heard of him?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Preliminary Sketch. I Don't want to believe this picture, too many pixels around the car.
I'll say this much, I was expecting a bit more. If this is it, I was expecting WAAAAY too much.

Tim Doyle. Anyone heard of him?
Hes done work for Chrysler before, most recently the Durango Citadel Black and Tan.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
That's not the original picture that was posted to the internet

I like it personally. Although it needs real fog lights, and not just the LED running lights

EDIT: The Tim Doyle Durango picture

The real thing:

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
1 - It has the SRT4 emblem. I thought they were getting rid of the SRT#, and going with 'Model SRT'.

2 - It looks like they photoshopped parts from the GTi, the bumper looks squarer like a GTi too.

3 - The bottom bumper looks like the shape was 'shopped from a Focus. Which puts the design flow at odds with the design language of the Dart.

4 - its just not a cohesive design. One I hope Gilles would never approve.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
suzq044 said:
1 - It has the SRT4 emblem. I thought they were getting rid of the SRT#, and going with 'Model SRT'.

2 - It looks like they photoshopped parts from the GTi, the bumper looks squarer like a GTi too.

3 - The bottom bumper looks like the shape was 'shopped from a Focus. Which puts the design flow at odds with the design language of the Dart.

4 - its just not a cohesive design. One I hope Gilles would never approve.
1 - Hard to say on that one. The current SRT8s are all badged SRT8, yet on the drivesrt.com website they are only Charger SRT, Challenger SRT, 300 SRT, Grand Cherokee SRT. The SRT Viper is a pure SRT vehicle so it doesn't count IMO.

2 - This? I don't really see the resemblance, other than a thin upper grille

3 - If anything I'd say it was from a Viper, but I guess I see Focus ST.

4 - If they were to get rid of the "warts" that those LED stripes are in I think it would look better. Add some real projector fog lights, and then it would be almost perfect.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I have seen those foglights at the front corners somewhere before, but I cannot recall where.

If this is true, and like the others, I have my doubts, that hood extractor/vent indicates the presence of a very large intercooler. The kind you typically see on engines well north of 300hp. So, is the picture a hoax, or was it used as some sort of styling/design excersize?

If was a real F-C gen'd picture then that hood vent is a very good sign, even if the rest of the design is thrown out.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It's probably a real preliminary sketch, just like the header. One of several different designs I'm sure.

I think it's pretty sharp, has a lot of the original SRT4 look to it. Although I wouldn't oppose having something besides the large angry mouth look that this and the original has.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Wow Bob, awesome scoop.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It has the same functional heat extracting hood that the Charger SRT-8 does, real or not it's a nice job. Looks good.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Where's Bob Sheaves.. he saw it, he may be able to confirm or deny this one. xD

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
suzq044 said:
Where's Bob Sheaves.. he saw it, he may be able to confirm or deny this one. xD
Or say nothing lol

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
true enough.. still though, i just really hope that isn't what it looks like, cause its ugly. IMO.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
there is; just really faint

i just realized how wide that rear tire is. Maybe an optical illusion though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
suzq044 said:
there is; just really faint

i just realized how wide that rear tire is. Maybe an optical illusion though.
It's just a sketch right? These things are never true to the real thing. I highly doubt the stance nor the wheel size will carry over to the production car either.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts