Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - finally joined the group, though I've been into mopars since I was a teenager hot rodding those old heaps from behind the barn! Here in Las Vegas, the climate is extremely harsh with 120 degree plus heat and a UV index of 10+. Dust storms, critters, etc. Over the years I've always driven older cars, but as of late I find that the "older" cars now are the ones I still look at as "newer"..... I remember having New Yorkers on my car lot like the one I have now back when they were only a few years old. I guess it's all relative - ten years ago I sure wouldn't have considered owning a "New Junker" because as far as I was concerned they stopped being "real cars" around '74, and front wheel drive didn't fit the program for speed and noise like the old challenger or Satellite I had. Times have changed and I can sure appreciate that '89 now as it's stood the test of time and feels more solid than any newer car I've owned, though I do miss gapping points and tuning the carb.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Welcome to Allpar!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gregory7637 said:
Hello,
I am coming to vegas pretty soon, wondering about good junk/scrap yards to find mopars and parts in any ideas?
Thanks Gary
Sorry about the delay in answering - depends on the year and make. We probably have 30 yards here and chances are you'll find it. If you're like me with a New Yorker though, it's pretty much Pic A Part but there's always tons of fairly clean Chryslers there because the (illegals) don't seem to like to drive em

1 - 4 of 4 Posts