Allpar Forums banner

New Guy From North Dakota

775 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Beentherebefore
I have been checking out ALLPAR for a while and decided to join. I have been into MOPAR's since I saw my first Hemi Cuda smoke a friends big block Chevy Nova many years ago! I have owned many MOPAR's over the years, Cuda's, Challenger's, Charger's, GTX's to name a few, sure wish I could have kept them all. Currently the cars are all put away for the winter, it's been pretty cold and snowy up here this year. My wife and I drive all MOPAR's, she loves here Jeep Grand Cherokee, I get around in my 2003 Dodge Dakota, waiting for the new RAM Dakota to come out.
Tucked away for the winter is the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo Convertible, with a few mods including the MOPAR Performance Stage 1 set up, its a fun car to drive. My last MOPAR is my 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner FJ6 340 with air grabber and spoiler package. I worked at the local Chrysler dealership for a few years after retiring from 35 years of active duty and civilian service with the USAF, working the the B-52 Bomber, an awesome aircraft! Well I bored everyone enough, here's some pics!!!!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive parking light
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
Welcome CJ! Beautiful cars, and it is good to hear from another ND Mopar fan.

I'm a North Dakota native and also worked at the Minot Chrysler dealership many years ago. In 1964, it was Main Motors and we sold Chrysler, Plymouth and Imperial. Don Moe Dodge was next door, and we shared a common parts and service areas, and we could sell on either side of the house as long as the sales areas were physically separated. I've been gone from ND for many years but did visit the "new" store on 83 south a couple of times when Don Moe still owned it.

I also wore Air Force blue for 23 years and am long retired now but will never retire from driving only Mopars. Retiring to Texas means I can now drive my old Valiant convertible year-round and work on resto-modding my '56 Plymouth Fury tribute. Why Texas after North Dakota? Well, it's much like ND, but without the forty below!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'm a North Dakota native and also worked at the Minot Chrysler dealership many years ago. In 1964, it was Main Motors and we sold Chrysler, Plymouth and Imperial. Don Moe Dodge was next door, and we shared a common parts and service areas, and we could sell on either side of the house as long as the sales areas were physically separated. I've been gone from ND for many years but did visit the "new" store on 83 south a couple of times when Don Moe still owned it.

I also wore Air Force blue for 23 years and am long retired now but will never retire from driving only Mopars. Retiring to Texas means I can now drive my old Valiant convertible year-round and work on resto-modding my '56 Plymouth Fury tribute. Why Texas after North Dakota? Well, it's much like ND, but without the forty below!
That's alot of history there, got to Minot in 1983, it was still Don Moe then, even bought a 71 Barracuda from the dealer back then. I worked in the parts department also after I retired from federal service. Thanks for your service. I worked avionics for 35 years. Your cars sound really cool, especially the 56 restomod. What part of Texas are you at?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That's alot of history there, got to Minot in 1983, it was still Don Moe then, even bought a 71 Barracuda from the dealer back then. I worked in the parts department also after I retired from federal service. Thanks for your service. I worked avionics for 35 years. Your cars sound really cool, especially the 56 restomod. What part of Texas are you at?

· Registered
5,234 Posts
I have been checking out ALLPAR for a while and decided to join. I have been into MOPAR's since I saw my first Hemi Cuda smoke a friends big block Chevy Nova many years ago! I have owned many MOPAR's over the years, Cuda's, Challenger's, Charger's, GTX's to name a few, sure wish I could have kept them all. Currently the cars are all put away for the winter, it's been pretty cold and snowy up here this year. My wife and I drive all MOPAR's, she loves here Jeep Grand Cherokee, I get around in my 2003 Dodge Dakota, waiting for the new RAM Dakota to come out.
Tucked away for the winter is the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo Convertible, with a few mods including the MOPAR Performance Stage 1 set up, its a fun car to drive. My last MOPAR is my 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner FJ6 340 with air grabber and spoiler package. I worked at the local Chrysler dealership for a few years after retiring from 35 years of active duty and civilian service with the USAF, working the the B-52 Bomber, an awesome aircraft! Well I bored everyone enough, here's some pics!!!!
View attachment 92565 View attachment 92566 View attachment 92567
Welcome to Allpar. I also had a 340" Roadrunner ('72 - check out my avatar, shot along the old Riverside Raceway backstretch) and still recall that styling as some of Mopar's best. It's still the favorite of all the cars I have owned.

If you have ever given your Mopars a spin at a dragstrip or if you are into Chrysler Corp/Mopar's glorious racing legacy, come join us in the Allpar Motorsports Historical section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts