Allpar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
View attachment 83670

View attachment 83671

Here you can see by turning the fuse box, it gave me enough room for the 4" intake pipe.
View attachment 83672

Boost gauge, Water Injection control and AEM Uego Wideband A/F gauge:
View attachment 83673

This was Wednesday (11/17) morning:
View attachment 83674

I found out that the Diablo Sport tuner doesn't work with the Limited (only the GT!) so I ordered a piggyback controller to do the tuning with; hopefully it will be here today so I can get it wired in this weekend and start tuning it. With the water/meth injection I am shooting for 24psi boost on 91 octane; should be just north of 400whp (even with the auto trans) based on previous experience with the SRT-4 (which did 440 with a similar turbo and build at 24psi).

I'm late with this, but if you had gotten a "STAGE 1" up grade from MYCKEE here on this site, you could have used the DS controller. I'm sure that you already know that the DS is really easy to work with. Did you order the AEM stand-alone?

One of my friends bought a MEGA-SQUIRT and quickly discovered that you have to be a nuclear physicist/rocket scientist to install it. He eventually got it right and it worked just as advertised.

Did you tap and plug the whole during the Balance shaft removal?

I see you were lucky enough to get the triple gauge pod on the PT ;)

I see you're using solid engine mounts. If your PT is an ATX you're going to get a LOT of vibration carried into the cabin, mainly the steering wheel. If you're like most performance oriented owners, that doesn't matter.

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes, MYCKEE'S STAGE 1 pcm will work with the atx.

I'm sure that you are aware that the atx will be the weakest link in the chain for your build. Their are several companies out there (Transgo and Alto for example are just two) that have hi-po parts for our 41te. If AGP doesn't have anything for your atx, let me know and I'll get you a parts list and some contact info.

Your biggest problem with the 41TE is the hub and number of clutch pads in yje pack(not enough) when shifting into 4th as you pass through the 1/4.

Their are ways to lock out 4th so it won't come into play in the 1/4 but you probably wouldn't have it engaged when you're tooling along on the interstate and you have the urge to merge. More than one of our 12 second members from over at THE CREW took out the clutch pack as they kicked back into 4th while full throttle. Doesn't happen often but it has happened. Keep in mind this only happened to the really hi -po CREW members.

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
If AGP or you have made, haven't replaced the bottom charge pipe (turbo to intercooler) with a hard pipe I would seriously do that. It prevents the ballooning and subsequent lose of h/p and response time off the line. You gain a good bit of throttle response by replacing the stock pipe.

If AGP doesn't have a replacement then go to NeedsWings at the link below. They are a well known co. and ALL of their products are top of the line.

NeedsWings Performance Products. PT Cruiser Turbo 03-07

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounding great so far! :D

Hope you don't mind all of my questions but they might stir a PERFORMANCE interest in some of our fellow members, plus I'm nosey.

Are you running an AGP throttle body? A 55, 58 or 60? Your stock PT ATX tb is 53.

What plugs and wires are you using?

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
By the way, the next time you talk to Kevin, ask him if he was there around 2003 2004 and if he remembers the green PT test mule that they made good use of. All of their new STUFF was installed and tested on that PT.

A friend of mine over at THE CREW called 2step bought it from them several years later when they thought the performance market for the PT was drying up. It was a monster on the street and the quarter mile.

The only thing he did to it was turn it into a two-tone green PT.
Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

He still owns it today

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I find that I'm having spark-blow-out under high boost, then I'll look at ignition upgrades. For the SRT-4 I used MSD wires and an MSD coil.

You should be ok. I doubt that you'll have blowout at .28.

Something to keep in mind with that gap on a iridium plug. The manufacturers used iridium because it is hard. That translates to a long lived spark plug. The iridium plug has a VERY small electrode tip and that combined with the VERY HIGH RESISTANCE of the iridium itself, you're going to end up with a reliable, but very small spark kernel.

The makers of this chart made the comment that they left the iridium off of the chart because of its extremely high resistance. They postulated that the iridium should have been left in the ground.

Electricity travels around the outside of a wire. so a normal size electrode in an iridium plug would encounter very high resistance trying to get to the tip of the electrode.

The only way for the plug manufacturers to allow the iridium plugs to fire was to make the tips very small. That makes the outter shell area of the plugs center electrode smaller, so the current encounters less resistance on the way to the electrode tip.

So, as I said, the result is a reliable but smaller flame at the tip of the lug.

Font Material property Number Parallel Pattern

Silver is obviously the best metal to use to make spark plugs.

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know you'll like MCKEE's STAGE 1. He does good work. Nothing but positive feed back so far.

Here's a rundown of the STAGE 1 and the sadly never released STAGE 2.

Font Parallel Document

Hope things work out well and quickly for you.

Jerry

·
Registered
339 Posts
Glad you got it running!

Are you running a 180-degree thermostat?

What gauges are you running in addition to the pillar pod mounted BOOST gauge that you showed the pic of? Maybe an AFR, or an info gauge like the AEROFORCE scan gauge?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Gotcha,

It adds around 20 h/p but as you said, it's another 20 that you really don't need on your stock block with the mods you've already got.

Ray, from PTeazer can only be reached on FACEBOOK at this point.

Of course, you may be able to find one used but the odds are that you'll find that it will have been damaged during removal. I know of several times that this happened to my local owners.

Chrysler PT Cruiser & PTeazer Creations Everything Mild To Radical & More | Facebook

I Everybody wants one.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Rays shop did this entire build.
Car Plant Vehicle Wheel Tire

Jerry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts