Allpar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving into Pittsburgh over the weekend I noticed a that Victory CDJR is building a new building for the dealership, and part of it is a "standalone" Jeep building .....but still part of the main building....is this the "new" look for the Jeep Dearlerships / experience going forward for the Grand Wagoneer etc? or just a one off at this dealer?

Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
38,577 Posts
Yes. Stand-alone Jeep showrooms have been the thing for a year. They still usually share back end and service facilities. Just a separate showroom with mostly common personnel.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,972 Posts
There's a stand-alone Jeep showroom going up a few miles from me at the Gillman Auto Group in Houston. They are using a former Subaru building for Jeep and keeping the rest of the Mopar brands next door in the traditional CJDR building with the big arched window. It will be the third in the Houston metro area that I know of.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,243 Posts
The Safford CDJR-Fiat dealership in Fredericksburg, VA turned their Fiat Studio into a Jeep Store two years ago.

Reactions: David S

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,204 Posts
Here's another. One wing is C-D-R and the other is Jeep. I never did like the arch look - thought it was absurdly dated from the start. Also quite pricey for the dealers! The dark gray is on its way out, but it's still a lot more current.

Jeep is now setting apart non-standalone showrooms

I hadn't seen this thread when I wrote that. I'd been driving to visit someone and got stuck on a closed-off street (the detour sign is the one that says "Poco" and did this quick, poorly framed snap.

As a side note, dealers in other places may be out of cars, but the Detroit area seems to have no shortages.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins.
4,283 Posts
My dealer in SE Tennessee just built a brand new building. I was there for some transfer case oil, but didn't notice if it had a place for Jeep only. I'll have to look the next time I'm there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts