Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Just questioning the timing, could Dodge pull a fast one and get back into Nascar? Brad keselowski is going to Roush Fenway Racing also been hearing that another Manufacturer is coming. I'm "WISHFUL THINKING"???

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
That would be too good to be true. However, would a foreign builder dip its toes in Nascar water since Toyota or another foreign could return like Jaguar who once raced in Nascar in the 1950s?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As NASCAR continues their plan to evolve the sport, their focus is expanding from tracks and new cars to who is making those cars.
Sports Business Journal’s Adam Stern shared that while NASCAR has declined to comment, there is “industry chatter” that they are progressing to “sign at least one new manufacture.
This quote is from beyondtheflag.com

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,525 Posts
Not gonna happen. There's only three engine programs in the entire NASCAR field. Any new manufacturer would have to build a program entirely from the ground up. Too much $$$ for basically what amounts to marketing. They'd be better off buying Superbowl ad time. There is no "fast way" into the Cup series.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Not gonna happen. There's only three engine programs in the entire NASCAR field. Any new manufacturer would have to build a program entirely from the ground up. Too much $$$ for basically what amounts to marketing. They'd be better off buying Superbowl ad time. There is no "fast way" into the Cup series.
There's a fast way. Just find a team that leases engines from one of the big dogs so you can see what they do.Then take their engine and change one thing and call it your own

·
Registered
78 Posts
I sometimes forget that NASCAR still exists.
It no longer exists in the true sense of it's prime years in the 50's & 60's.
Though they may have been death traps, the drivers knew it and most drove accordingly.
Now the "cars" in NASCAR bear no resemblance to what is sold in showrooms on Monday.
And with all the safety devices and precautions in the vehicles, the drivers can be, and are
reckless as opposed to cautious.
When King Richard left Plymouth, my interest in NASCAR, although minor, ceased completely.
I can't name a single driver (or a married one) and have no idea which "makes" (and I use that term VERY LOOSELY) even compete any more.
Nor, do I even care.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It no longer exists in the true sense of it's prime years in the 50's & 60's.
Though they may have been death traps, the drivers knew it and most drove accordingly.
Now the "cars" in NASCAR bear no resemblance to what is sold in showrooms on Monday.
And with all the safety devices and precautions in the vehicles, the drivers can be, and are
reckless as opposed to cautious.
When King Richard left Plymouth, my interest in NASCAR, although minor, ceased completely.
I can't name a single driver (or a married one) and have no idea which "makes" (and I use that term VERY LOOSELY) even compete any more.
Nor, do I even care.
My first new car was a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door hardtop. I could have stolen a hood from a Petty NASCAR Plymouth and bolted onto my Plymouth.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I too kinda zoned out after a few good years of watching Nascar. I tuned in to watch several years later,Fox was broadcasting this race and just like the last time I watched them played favorites during the race. Anyone past the top 10 was invisible to the audience.

A few weeks ago I watched a NBC with Jr and Ward Burton doing the color. It was a breath of fresh air. These two have it down pat. Tell you things you/I never knew about cars, drivers, tracks and inside info. Sometime they get so excited they completely take over the broadcast, which is great they add so much to the race. IMHO

P.S. It will never be the same and I think as it changes is will simply become 2-door Indy Car racing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If the 'new' manufacturer throws enough money at NASCAR they will be quickly competitive.

Recall when Toyota first came on the scene they qualified 1-2-3 at Daytona with some tar-like substance in the intake manifolds. Nothing ever became of this and no explanation of what the substance was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm Just questioning the timing, could Dodge pull a fast one and get back into Nascar? Brad keselowski is going to Roush Fenway Racing also been hearing that another Manufacturer is coming. I'm "WISHFUL THINKING"???

·
Valued Member
2,574 Posts
If the 'new' manufacturer throws enough money at NASCAR they will be quickly competitive.

Recall when Toyota first came on the scene they qualified 1-2-3 at Daytona with some tar-like substance in the intake manifolds. Nothing ever became of this and no explanation of what the substance was.
"
According to one source, the entire fuel system of Waltrip’s car had been packed with the fuel additive polypropylene oxide, a performance-enhancing oxidant.
"It’s all around the fuel," Pemberton said. "It is something we will not tolerate."
The penalties: Waltrip was hit with the loss of both crew chief David Hyder and competition director Bobby Kennedy, who were ejected from this week’s races and suspended indefinitely. Hyder was fined $100,000 and the team was penalized 100 points".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts