Allpar Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
NASCAR is on the wane, if not done. Some NASCAR tracks are removing seats, usually on the back stretch, so the empty seats don't show up on TV. Former big time fan. Currently a 'who cares' fan.
For sure not done, still the biggest motorsports in the states. If Nascar is dead then every other motorsports here are dead too, but thats not the case. Nascar has plateaued for awhile now, nhra is dipping (while losing drivers), and indy car as on a slight uphill that's almost flat but still very far behind nascar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For sure not done, still the biggest motorsports in the states. If Nascar is dead then every other motorsports here are dead too, but thats not the case. Nascar has plateaued for awhile now, nhra is dipping (while losing drivers), and indy car as on a slight uphill that's almost flat but still very far behind nascar.
Should be National Association of Kit Car Auto racing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Once a fan, always a fan. I love racing and support all kinds. I honestly miss watching those crazy vehicles racing on the water road courses some 10 plus years ago.

·
Valued Member
2,571 Posts
It no longer exists in the true sense of it's prime years in the 50's & 60's.
Though they may have been death traps, the drivers knew it and most drove accordingly.
Now the "cars" in NASCAR bear no resemblance to what is sold in showrooms on Monday.
And with all the safety devices and precautions in the vehicles, the drivers can be, and are
reckless as opposed to cautious.
When King Richard left Plymouth, my interest in NASCAR, although minor, ceased completely.
I can't name a single driver (or a married one) and have no idea which "makes" (and I use that term VERY LOOSELY) even compete any more.
Nor, do I even care.
For somebody who hates NASCAR so much you must be watching it to have all these bad comments.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The main rumors are that Honda or Acura would be joining the series. Acura is the main name being thrown around with their new TLX and their push to enter motorsports in different leagues. They are really proud of their new sports sedan and they want to promote it.

There have been minor rumors about Dodge coming back. I hope this is true, but it is unlikely and most die-hard Mopar fans pushing this idea.

Others have brought up Kia and the K5 or Hyundai but there have been no indications from the conglomerate they would join.

·
Registered
349 Posts
NO.
I currently do not intentionally watch at all.
I may catch a glimpse while channel surfing, I do not linger.
That ship sailed 40+ years ago.
I turned on a NASCAR race early this year. A car had Mustang written on the front bumper cover. It was not a Mustang. I changed channels.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
One thing they definitely have in common with their street counterparts; the more safety improvements they add the more reckless the drivers become.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts