Allpar Forums banner

361 - 380 of 503 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,989 Posts
Thats no accurate at all.

You're exactly right. The sides main body line starts at the headlight sbd runs the entire length of the vehicle at the height of the door handles. That render still has the wk2 body lines on the side. The front is even more "upright" than that render. The grill.will be flat...completely flat. The headlight shapes reminds me of the charger...but not as tall. Also the front bumper on what I've seen definetely doesn't have that led light design in the mid bumper...but its a laredo. .so it probably wouldn't anyway. It looks more like the high altitude or summit bumper now.
A lot of similarities with this RR Sport, particularly the flatter side panels and the body line extending from the headlights, through the door handles, and into the tail light. The slope of the roof and D pillar are a bit different and the front end is much flatter than this Range Rover though. I keep saying that, but people are going to be surprised at how flat the front has become.

Land_Rover-Range_Rover_Sport-2018-1280-01.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Accurate Rendering, is not accurate at all. lol -- it's got too much WK2 in it still. Especially the rear end. It's really hard to make the nose so far vertical like it will be when starting with WK2. We're talking like Commander, vertical, in the nose. Just not as cubist (lol), and I don't think the grille will be so tall as the Commander, either.

*commander, not grand commander.
With all the nice and accurate renderings you did in the past + the info from this site (and maybe some insiders) - I hope you will do soon a rendering for the next GC.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,050 Posts
With all the nice and accurate renderings you did in the past + the info from this site (and maybe some insiders) - I hope you will do soon a rendering for the next GC.
Pretty sure it's in this thread somewhere, actually. Page 12, someone else posted it with their watermark (with permission)

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
skipped 19 pages of discussion.. at least it's not about driver's tests here on page 19 like the Dakota thread. THANK YOU LORD!

Kia and Hyundai are setting the pace, imo, on largish-mid-sized SUVs. Interior especially. I've always liked the GC interior spacing for the most part, but find it a bit tighter/smaller than I would prefer a bit.

·
Super Moderator
6,989 Posts
Wow, i hope its more current than this.
However.
Im so down on FCA's design ability's. If i had to choose this or roll the dice on what they roll out i'd likely take this.
As was said in the above posts, the next-gen Grand Cherokee does not look like that rendering.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
why would the GC be BOF, thats Durango.
That is if the Durango name is carried over. I just have a hard time seeing how a body on frame truck based SUV fits in with Dodge's image. A Ram branded version seems more of a fit. Ram Aspen, or Ram Adventurer? Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
If you define performance as straight-line speed, body-on-frame isn't that big an impediment to being a performance vehicle. If you use independent suspension (as DT does), the only downsides are weight and the higher center of gravity.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
If you define performance as straight-line speed, body-on-frame isn't that big an impediment to being a performance vehicle. If you use independent suspension (as DT does), the only downsides are weight and the higher center of gravity.
DT doesn't have independent suspension on all 4 corners but WS will...

361 - 380 of 503 Posts