Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, pardon my ignorance, or lack of computer skills.
How do I post pictures. Or do I need a specific post count before I can ?
I have a 64 Valiant convert. 8cyl 4spd. Bench seat car.
Bought in February. Runs and drives fine. Well at least now it does.
Collecting parts to upgrade and restore. Would like to share pictures.

·
Got parts?
2,610 Posts
When you post, there are 3 buttons below the box to the right: Post Reply, Upload a File, and More Options. Hit Upload a File, find the folder on your computer that has the picture(s) you want to upload, click on it (or them, if they're consecutive), hit the Open button at the bottom, and after it uploads, you'll have the option of having them viewed as thumbnails or full pictures.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you post, there are 3 buttons below the box to the right: Post Reply, Upload a File, and More Options. Hit Upload a File, find the folder on your computer that has the picture(s) you want to upload, click on it (or them, if they're consecutive), hit the Open button at the bottom, and after it uploads, you'll have the option of having them viewed as thumbnails or full pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. much appreciated

·
Got parts?
2,610 Posts
I like the Valiant. Don't know how common the 4-speed was on it; the only optional V8 at the time was a 273, and most of those sold had 2-bbl carbs. 4-on-the-floor was a desirable performance option during the Muscle Car era. I'd expect some Barracudas to be equipped with them, but the Valiant was commonly considered an economy vehicle. Is yours a 200 or Signet?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the Valiant. Don't know how common the 4-speed was on it; the only optional V8 at the time was a 273, and most of those sold had 2-bbl carbs. 4-on-the-floor was a desirable performance option during the Muscle Car era. I'd expect some Barracudas to be equipped with them, but the Valiant was commonly considered an economy vehicle. Is yours a 200 or Signet?
200. Original 273 car.
Like most replaced with 318.
I have seen slants with factory 4spd.
Friend growing up had a late production 273 4 - bbl 4 4spd but his had buckets.
I'm sure this car is anything but original. At 68 I have most of my factory parts, but not all. Sometimes up grades are a good thing.

·
Got parts?
2,610 Posts
200. Original 273 car.
The 273 was a good engine in that car, but these days, parts might not be common. At the time, the 318 was still using the original design from the 1950's with a wider block and mechanical lifters, and it may have been too large for the Valiant engine bay without some cutting. I trust that yours is a post-1966 318.

A bit of research indicated that the 4-speed was sometimes mated to the slant 6. While I'd personally prefer it with a V8, it's probably fun to drive with either engine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. Fun car to drive. More then enough power for a street car.
Needs a new exhaust system thought.
Current exhaust measures 1 5/8 . Way to small.
I will post under hood picks later. That's a mess.
Must have been a GM guy that worked on it engine bay is black.
I have been collecting parts for winter projects. Original steering wheel,
And converting to power steering..
Plus I picked up this hood.

Attachments

·
Got parts?
2,610 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate that . Will have to look tomorrow to see if they are reduced.
From exhaust manifolds. That's a good question.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
200. Original 273 car.
Friend growing up had a late production 273 4 - bbl 4 4spd but his had buckets.
I'm sure this car is anything but original. At 68 I have most of my factory parts, but not all. Sometimes up grades are a good thing.
Are you talking about you or the car o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::D:p:cool::confused::(;):)

Would an "upgrade" be like a new hip or knee joint, etc :p:D:cool::)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts