Allpar Forums banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
Supremely Engineered Reliable Ground-transportation, International Organization?

·
10,394 Posts
As someone who buys its products and interacts with its dealers, I think Fiat ceding control to PSA will be a good thing

·
10,394 Posts
Maybe they should do what was done before. An umbrella name and call each a group. Chrysler Group, Fiat Group Peugeot Group
Or to keep it international: Chrysler Group - Gruppo Fiat - Groupe Peugeot.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Aren't you (and FCA / PSA) fudging this one just a little?

Yes...they're emphasizing 50 / 50 merger...BUT...the facts remain that PSA will have one additional seat on the Board, and the Peugeot family will be allowed to purchase more shares, but EXOR will not.
You are considering PSA control shareholders are one entity, in reality are two + one. Peugeot family, French state and Donfeng (Chinese company).
Exor (Agnelli family) will have 14% of the new company, the PSA ones will have potentially 6% eachone.
But the Donfeng share will potentially go down to 4.5% since PSA will buy 1.5% and that shares will be withdrawn (= the Chinese receive extra cash).
Peugeot family has the right to go up to 8.5% by purchasing shares from French state and/or Donfeng.
So potentially Peugeot family can go up to 8.5% of the new company.

Peugeot and Agnelli families, that in the past had always good relationships, together will have the control of the new company. Maybe they will make it explicit with a syndicate pact when the deal will be closed, but is almost implicit since there is a 7 years lockup on shares percentage owned by each main shareholder.
From Peugeot family point of view is a way to regain control of their company, through a partner (Agnelli family) that is more in line with their way of doing business than French state.

Even all together the 2+1 “french side”, with new limits and shares sell/purchase options included in the signed agreement, cannot go up to more than what will be owned by Exor.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
You are considering PSA control shareholders are one entity, in reality are two + one. Peugeot family, French state and Donfeng (Chinese company).
Exor (Agnelli family) will have 14% of the new company, the PSA ones will have potentially 6% eachone.
But the Donfeng share will potentially go down to 4.5% since PSA will buy 1.5% and that shares will be withdrawn (= the Chinese receive extra cash).
Peugeot family has the right to go up to 8.5% by purchasing shares from French state and/or Donfeng.

Peugeot and Agnelli families, that in the past had always good relationships, together will have the control of the new company. Maybe they will make it explicit with a syndicate pact when the deal will be closed, but is almost implicit since there is a 7 years lockup on shares percentage owned by each main shareholder.
From Peugeot family point of view is a way to regain control of their company, through a partner (Agnelli family) that is more in line with their way of doing business than French state.

Even all together the 2+1 “french side”, with new limits and shares sell/purchase options included in the signed agreement, cannot go up to more than what will be owned by Exor.
It is really nice that folks like you are in the know to explain things like this to guys like me that really don't know squat about these intimate details. Very fascinating.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I haven't heard anyone mention what this means for those of us with FCA shares.

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
Reactions: codypet

·
Jeepaholic
5,572 Posts
Keep every group separate as they are now, with an umbrella Corp overseeing all of them. They could call that umbrella Corp Ma....like Ma Bell. Yeah...just like Ma Bell.

Oh....wait.....

Reactions: Doug D and Tony K

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
JETC = Jeep, etc. :)
JAAB N.V. Jeep and Associated Brands - maybe too close to SAAB

PFCDBCK - PSA, Fiat, and the Company Daimler Benz Couldn't Kill - BTW, I was in Möhringen on Monday having dinner with my old boss. MB HQs is down by Kelley Barracks. Wonder how many fellow Allparians would've wanted to burn that place to the ground.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The new combined company will need a name. Personally, I think if they are going to do it, they should not have any of the original company names in there, and only partly because I think that because Chrysler will be dead last in the order; likewise, I think that the FCA signs should go. Yes, money, I know, but FCA was never a good name for a holding company; it's like naming GM “Chevrolet Cadillac Automobiles” (actually, I guess it would be “Buick Cadillac,” in order of appearance in the merged company).

It's a 50/50 merger, and they're being very careful to emphasize that. Nobody's name should be first. New company, new name. Call the USA branch either Nuco US or Chrysler. Call the Italian branch either Nuco Italy or Fiat. Call the French brand either Nuco France or Peugeot... (Nuco standing in for a nu company name).
So Amalgamated Automotive Group (AAG), cause Amalgamated Motors Group (AMG) might run into trouble. ;)

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I haven't heard anyone mention what this means for those of us with FCA shares.
Well, before the final closing of the deal, FCA shareholders will receive in 2020
- an extraordinary dividend of Euro 5.5 billion (to remember that FCA sell of Magneti Marelli to Calsonic Kansei received about Euro 6 billion, part of which already had been announced to be distributed to shareholders)
- an ordinary dividend of Euro 1.1 billion for 2019 results (the same will do PSA)

COMAU (FCA's industrial automation and robotics company) will be demerged after closing of the deal. Shares or money from sell (?) distributed to all shareholders of the new company (before it was supposed to be sold and distributed to FCA shareholders only).
http://www.comau.com

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

Thanks for the detailed analysis!

It really helped clear up any confusion I may have had about the final arrangements. Not being a financial guru, it's really easy to read all that legal-eze / financial-eze and come away with a mistaken interpretation.;)

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
IMC: International Motor Corporation (NV)
With the Italian, French, and American groups.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
"Global Motors" was Iacocca's suggestion way back in the 80s for a merged group of international car companies.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Let me guess; the upcoming name change, if any, is still up in the air?

81 - 100 of 125 Posts