Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Pretty sure there is a regular cab option, judging from the 2nd sentence. (Unless Ram has 3 different 4-door cabs...)

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Good looking truck!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Is is wrong that the first thought I had was "if this was branded a Dodge, it would have been a Blacktop Edition". :huh:
Oy vey...

Mike

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Is is wrong that the first thought I had was "if this was branded a Dodge, it would have been a Blacktop Edition". :huh:
:lol: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
or a jeep "altitude"...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Other than no badging how is this any different than a Sport?

·
Registered
694 Posts
kcoc said:
Other than no badging how is this any different than a Sport?
A sport is loaded with options, an Express is a base model truck with an appearance package. The express has carpet as an option for instance.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
bikeluver43 said:
A sport is loaded with options, an Express is a base model truck with an appearance package. The express has carpet as an option for instance.
Thats why I like the Express. It's like a modern day Super Bee or Roadrunner.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
now, can one get the 8 speed or 3.91 gears with it? i wouldnt pair both together, just wondering if the option is available.

Reactions: 55Plaza

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
bikeluver43 said:
Make that a sharp Blue color instead of Black, and get the 8 speed & 3.91 gears with it... now that would be awesome! :rimshot:

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't think you can get the 8 speed in the Express. They've been on the lots for about a month or so now but yes definitely late for a 2013

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
8 speed and 3.91's would be ridiculous. 4.7:1 first gear and 3.91 axle ratio is a 18.38 first gear crawl ratio from 2wd or 4hi mode....
you would hit redline at below 30 mph, or a casual shift at 10mph.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
fargo59 said:
8 speed and 3.91's would be ridiculous. 4.7:1 first gear and 3.91 axle ratio is a 18.38 first gear crawl ratio from 2wd or 4hi mode....
Awesome :)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
thats not even putting the torque converter rpm loss into the equation.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
fargo59 said:
you can order 3.92 limited slip with 8hp on laramie longhorn...not sure about the express trimline. but, yeah...if you get the 3.92 the 8hp should automatically start out in 2nd gear unless you are in tow/haul mode!! :lol:

i've got a 3.73 in my f150 with ford's version of the 6HP and even that's almost too short of gearing for my taste! the truck stays in first gear for all of about 1 or two seconds before up-shifting...unless of course the pedal is mashed to the floor!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts